Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » I wonder « Previous Next »
Archive through January 10, 2008Jt130 01-10-08  10:41 am
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Missmich
Username: Missmich

Post Number: 41
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 11:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pam, will you also call out Sstashmoo for saying that parts of Northern Michigan looked like Arkanasa? All of Arkansas? Has he been to every place in Arkansas? I call bullshit on you, you cant pick and choose what you stick up for

Missmich

Post Number: 42
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 11:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jt1, we moved to Charlevoix for a job, a better standard of living because my husbands last job closed. It has nothing to do with race and I am tired of your bathering on and on about something you know nothing about. I am trying to learn and discuss something that I was wondering about, if you cant add anything but insults and garbage, please refrain from posting on my threads.

I have dont nothing here but ask questions I dont know the answers too, you are not helping.

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 1759
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 11:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's called "capital flight." The owners of this society want you to frame it in terms of race, but it's a class phenomenon. Don't be chumps! :-)

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 11172
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 11:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry but I will call you out. Your track record is proven.

Asking questions when you are looking for answers is one thing. That is not what you are doing so I will continue to point out that you are an uneducated racist. Should I search through the archives and copy and paste all of your previous comments.

As opposed to asking questions here I recommend you get an education. That is the only help that can be offered to someone as racist as yourself.

Your history of posts can't be absolved with one 'question'.

Missmich

Post Number: 43
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 11:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How the hell would you know if I am looking for answers or not? I dont care if you bring up my previous posts.

I have no control over how YOU take my words or what spin or twist YOU choose to put on them. You read what I post and immediately get defensive and insulting, decide what I mean and thats that. Sorry you cant take the time to really understand me. oh well. I will now ignore you, insult away, its bad for your karma, not mine.

Jt1

Post Number: 11173
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 11:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^ As she hs stated in the past 'Racist and Proud'^^

Quit trying to play the role of the hapless victim.

quote:

I will now ignore you, insult away, its bad for your karma, not mine.

I'm pretty sure that procaliming you are 'racist and proud' may effect your karma in a negative manner.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 4533
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 11:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I have no control over how YOU take my words or what spin or twist YOU choose to put on them

Miss_cleo
Username: Miss_cleo

Post Number: 954
Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 - 2:55 pm:

Racist and proud. American would be a much nicer place if our ancestors hadnt been stupid and brought the slaves over. Now look at the whiney black shit we have to put up with all the time. *I was fired cause I'm black* No you were fired cause you are lazy.

Waaa, I was pulled over cause I am black....no you were pulled over cause you were breaking a law

Waaa, Give me a job cause I am black and will call discrimination if you hire a deserving white person instead of me

Waa, waa, wa,, get on a boat and go back to Africa, hell you even have to put African in front of American.Cant just be American huh? Gotta push and whine and keep your hand out.

I am saying what so many are afriad to say, call me what you want I dont care. Black people are lazy, hand out, whiney people

Missmich

Post Number: 21
Posted on Wednesday, December 12, 2007 - 8:10 am:

Historically, Black people are whiners, who cling to the past and use every excuse they can come up with to hold a march or a protest. We have also learned that we were assholes in the taking of this country from the Indians
We have learned that we cant count on France, although we have helped them a bit.
We have learned that salvery is wrong
Some of us are in the process of learning what an idiot Bush is, wreaking our reputation, putting us deeper in debt, killing so many people.
We are learning that our open boarder, come one come all poilicy has got to be changed.....I can go on and on........while Black people stay stagnant, while J Jackson and retard Sharpton rally Blacks against the stupidest things, all to keep the old *whites keep blacks down* concept alvie...casue without that they have nothing.

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 3271
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 11:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Pam, will you also call out Sstashmoo for saying that parts of Northern Michigan looked like Arkanasa? All of Arkansas? Has he been to every place in Arkansas? I call bullshit on you, you cant pick and choose what you stick up for

He did not use the word "all". He is also not the starter of the thread so yes, I can pick and choose what I respond to.

Jt1

Post Number: 11174
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 11:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you JL. Now what was Cleo saying about Karma?

Jt1

Post Number: 11175
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 11:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We can also add these quotes by Cleo:

quote:

Funny, when a white person gets bad service, they complain about it and dont go back...when a black person gets bad service, they bring race into it. Thats what you are told to do by your so called *leaders* ITs old, grow up and move on

and on the Joe Louis Fist (not first)

quote:

Ya'll are really funny. Tell a white person that its silly and wrong for them to take the first as racist when all you have to do is look at a black person sideways and its a *racist act* My, my, so many two faced double standards here

Crumbled_pavement
Username: Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 103
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 11:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Missmich said: "Pam, will you also call out Sstashmoo for saying that parts of Northern Michigan looked like Arkanasa? All of Arkansas? Has he been to every place in Arkansas? I call bullshit on you, you cant pick and choose what you stick up for"

Agreed. All of Arkansas is not a dump and I'm quite sure there are many beautiful people and places there. However, all blacks don't blame whites and there are some very hard working, educated, upstanding blacks. Maybe you are just more sensitive to the blacks who point to racism. I can walk into a room full of people and vent about thieves but it is only the thieves that will get offended.

Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 104
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 12:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Damn, Thejesus, that was one of the best posts I've ever seen.

Amen

Johnlodge

Post Number: 4534
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 12:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Seriously TJ.

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 3204
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 12:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My observation:

Miss Cleo is accurately describing one extreme of society while representing the other...

Some black people (the group she's describing) severely overestimate the effects that slavery and racism have had on their lives...

...and some white people (the group she's a member of) severely underestimate the effects of these influences on the lives of black people in America

the truth is, both of these extremes are completely ignorant of reality and totally full of shit, and the problem with focusing on both of these extremes is that most of us don't belong to either category...

the majority of us fall somewhere in the middle, while the extremes are represented by a useless minority of the population that doesn't contribute much of anything to society

unfortunately, the reason the extremes tend to draw the most attention is that they're the ones that make the most noise...

I mean, when was the last time you saw group of moderates marching on Washington screaming at the top of their lungs?

Detroitnerd

Post Number: 1761

Damn, Thejesus, that was one of the most cliched posts I've ever seen.

I'm sure the truth falls somewhere in the middle ... :-)

Missmich

Post Number: 44
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 12:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

...and some white people (the group she's a member of) severely underestimate the effects of these influences on the lives of black people in America

no, I dont underestimate that, I just think its time to move on as dwelling on it and bringing it up whenever someone feels wronged is no help

Jt1

Post Number: 11176
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 12:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good post tj

Thejesus

Post Number: 3205
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 12:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"no, I dont underestimate that, I just think its time to move on as dwelling on it and bringing it up whenever someone feels wronged is no help"

uh huh...

and how about when they bring it up because they actually were wronged for the very reasons they state...

still think they should forget about it and move on?

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 2484
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 12:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Damn, Thejesus, that was one of the most cliched posts I've ever seen.

I'm sure the truth falls somewhere in the middle ...

Can't.stop.laughing!

Detroitnerd

Post Number: 1762
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 12:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ain't I a stinker? :-)

Johnlodge

Post Number: 4536
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 12:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, calling for tolerance and rational thinking is hilarious.

Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 105
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 12:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Never heard that cliche before but if it is a cliche, it is accurate.

:D

Thejesus

Post Number: 3206
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 12:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Yes, calling for tolerance and rational thinking is hilarious."

Thanks JL

Unfortunately, Miss Cleo is not the only poster here who is a member of one of the extremes, as demonstrated above.

Iheartthed

Post Number: 2489
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Yes, calling for tolerance and rational thinking is hilarious.

Considering the source, yes it is. Then the sources message:

quote:

Some black people (the group she's describing) severely overestimate the effects that slavery and racism have had on their lives...

I mean, what really gives him the insight to make such a claim?

Some cars can reach speeds of 200 MPH. Okay. So? Most cars don't.

Johnlodge

Post Number: 4537
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I mean, what really gives him the insight to make such a claim? "

That there are extremes on both sides?

A pretty safe bet. You'd be hard pressed to find an issue without them.

Detroitnerd

Post Number: 1764
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 12:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why is it a meaningless cliche? Let's apply the same statement to an issue on which no serious doubt should exist and we'll see why:

"Some people say slavery is a good thing.

Some people say slavery is a bad thing.

I'm sure the truth falls somewhere in the middle."

See? What you've done with that sort of statement is just appeased both sides by not calling them out and you've suggested that, since we know the general location of the truth (somewhere in the middle), there's no need to investigate further. The truth has been found, without suggesting which side is more full of shit. These sorts of McNeil-Lehrer-type non-opinions sound reasoned and thoughtful, but they're actually an abdication of critical thinking.

And I find these sorts of statements irritating.

Some others find them praiseworthy.

I'm sure the truth lies ... :-)

Johnlodge

Post Number: 4538
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I somewhat inferred from his statement that the two extremes tend to only see each other when they view an issue, which I found rather insightful.

(Message edited by johnlodge on January 10, 2008)

Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 106
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroitnerd, I agree with. It all depends on when and where such reasoning is used. In the context Thejesus used it in it is worthwhile. I don't think any of us are in the process of finding the cure to cancer so I don't think any further critical thinking is needed. One person asked a question, another answered it. A person called one person an extremist and another person said yes that person is an extremist and is wrong for that. What more are you looking for?

Iheartthed

Post Number: 2490
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

"I mean, what really gives him the insight to make such a claim? "

That there are extremes on both sides?

A pretty safe bet. You'd be hard pressed to find an issue without them.

You're right. "Claim" wasn't the right word. What gives him the insight to come to this broad sweeping conclusion about people of either extreme (to be objective)?

quote:

the truth is, both of these extremes are completely ignorant of reality and totally full of shit, and the problem with focusing on both of these extremes is that most of us don't belong to either category...

Detroitnerd

Post Number: 1765
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 12:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JL: Your inference is insightful. :-)

CP: When you've read as many opinion pieces as I have, you get sick of cop-outs. The "truth lies somewhere in the middle" trope is a cop-out. In truth, I'd rather have a lively dialectic than serene-sounding pronouncements that do little to advance or explode an argument. Why? Because I'm looking for the truth, and I'm frustrated with vague, conciliatory statements.

That said, please go back to whipping the race-baiter. That was fun! :-)

Philbert
Username: Philbert

Post Number: 321
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 12:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

so let me get this straight. Missmich is Miss Cleo. LMAO.

Jt1

Post Number: 11177
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 12:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That is correct.

Umtim
Username: Umtim

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Interesting banter here. Doesn't seem to be any genuine information passing back and forth. Really a dead thread.

Johnlodge

Post Number: 4547
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 5:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good thing you bumped it then.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.