Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » My Friend Dave - RIP « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 4428
Posted on Tuesday, January 08, 2008 - 12:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have belatedly learned of the passing of my friend and DY forum member Dave.

Dave was a very special person in my younger years and throughout my life. He was brilliant and witty, the first intellectual I knew, and all right there in little Perry, Michigan. We spent countless hours together. He had great positive influence on my life and was a source of inspiration and ideas. He was the longest continuous friend I have known and stayed in touch with throughout my life.

Here is a picture from the Cass Café in Detroit when I was hosting a ‘SoulfulDetroit’ Night get-together of the www.soulfuldetroit.com website forum, a reunion of many musicians and participants of the golden days of 1960’s Detroit soul music. Dave was a big fan of Detroit Soul and also frequented the SoulfulDetroit forum. He was also very involved with his Native American roots and culture, learning languages, involved with pow wows and more.
Dave Bough at the Cass Cafe

And finally one of his 169 posts...
No beer at Comerica this year
Dave - Tigers lost their opener

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 6853
Posted on Tuesday, January 08, 2008 - 1:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I feel for your loss, Lowell. We're all the poorer now.

Vetalalumni
Username: Vetalalumni

Post Number: 865
Posted on Tuesday, January 08, 2008 - 12:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Condolences to all affected.

Awfavre
Username: Awfavre

Post Number: 176
Posted on Tuesday, January 08, 2008 - 1:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Dave. I'll miss your few, gem-filled posts. Your beginner's mead recipe caused me great angst, bloody feet, & eventually, some wonderful mead. (I still owe Gannon a bottle.)

May you rest in peace. And may you enjoy all the best homebrews & meads in a better place. (The polka got it wrong - in heaven, there is only the best of beers.)

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 875
Posted on Tuesday, January 08, 2008 - 11:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A Tigers fan, an intellectual and partly responsible for this site. I raise my glass for a toast to dave.

Leoqueen
Username: Leoqueen

Post Number: 1735
Posted on Wednesday, January 09, 2008 - 12:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its always so terribly sad when a fellow Forumer passes. Rest in peace, Dave.....

Summertime1
Username: Summertime1

Post Number: 27
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 7:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To everyone, who was Dave and what happened to him? RIP

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.