Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Another Setback? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Leland_palmer
Username: Leland_palmer

Post Number: 427
Posted on Tuesday, January 01, 2008 - 10:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks like Louis Kamper's 1925 Park Avenue Hotel/Harbor Light Building might be at risk now that Detroit Urban Living has reneged on its deal to buy the building and neighboring properties. Who thinks that this might be added to the swath of land that the city just picked up and given to the Wings for the new arena?

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.d ll/article?AID=/20071229/METRO /712290331/1408/LOCAL

(Message edited by leland_palmer on January 01, 2008)

Bussey
Username: Bussey

Post Number: 628
Posted on Tuesday, January 01, 2008 - 11:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wickenheiser failed to provide security, and now the property is worth $1.5 million since thieves looted the building of its fixtures, window frames, copper pipes and other valuables

"Because of the irresponsible behavior of Wickenheiser and his partner, the Salvation Army has $1.5 million less to help the poor,"

Wickenheiser could not be reached, and his attorney did not return calls seeking comment.

I hope Wickenheiser gets his arse kicked on this one. He is the reason I left Detroit.....unscrupulous bastard.

Illwill
Username: Illwill

Post Number: 102
Posted on Tuesday, January 01, 2008 - 12:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

business is business...

Bussey
Username: Bussey

Post Number: 629
Posted on Tuesday, January 01, 2008 - 12:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bygones be bygones.....

hear no evil see no evil....

it is what it is....

I can think of many more worthless blanket statements if you want them.

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 4260
Posted on Tuesday, January 01, 2008 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So the Cass Corridor will be deprived of what could have been a great redevelopment, and has lost a key community organization. Nothing good came out of this series of events.

Those buildings have to stay...or else that district will have lost every link to the past. They appear to be going the way of MCS, though.

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 2475
Posted on Tuesday, January 01, 2008 - 1:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now, here's where I get lost. If Wickenheiser purchased the building, then why is the Salvation Army left holding the bag? If I sell a house, don't I get paid by the buyer before I turn over the deed of the house to the buyer? What kind of deal did these folks enter where the seller still owns the property after selling it?

Dodgemain
Username: Dodgemain

Post Number: 213
Posted on Tuesday, January 01, 2008 - 7:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Land contracts.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.