Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » COSI Toledo « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ct4438
Username: Ct4438

Post Number: 54
Posted on Friday, December 28, 2007 - 9:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I realize that this is a Detroit forum, but as a metro Detroiter, I have to say that this is an absolute shame.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20071228/O PINION03/712280386

Last October we went down to COSI Toledo to check it out and we had an absolutely fabulous time. I know many Detroiters and Metro Detroiters are familiar with the great science center in Toledo. We have a membership to the Detroit Science Center which is honored by other science centers like COSI and to believe that it's shutting it's doors is a travesty. I wish I had been aware when I was there that their funding was in danger. I have told many people I know to check it out..... Imagine if the DSC had to shut its doors.

I apologize for not being better informed in funding issues and how that works, but I just wanted all of us out there who try to promote cities and all they can offer....to be aware. It could certainly happen here too one day.
Top of pageBottom of page

Crystal
Username: Crystal

Post Number: 85
Posted on Friday, December 28, 2007 - 11:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree. When our boys were in elementary and middle school, we had a Detroit Science Center membership that we used at COSI as well.

We felt that having COSI so close to Detroit was good for Detroit. A family might choose to take out a membership because it could be used in Toledo as well. We use the same reasoning when buying a zoo membership that we could use at Detroit, Toledo, Potter Park, Ball, etc.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.