Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Transformers Animated Series....in Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroithabitater
Username: Detroithabitater

Post Number: 98
Posted on Thursday, December 27, 2007 - 1:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A new transformers cartoon made it's debut tonight on the cartoon network. My brother is a transformers fanatic and made me watch it with him (he is 31).

Anyhoo it takes place in futuristic Detroit oddly enough. Detroit has become the words largest producer of robots after scientist finds megatrons head.

While initially it appeared the skyline shots were just "generic future city", about halfway through everyone was gathered in front of, unmistakably, the MCS as if it were city hall. I was taken back! In some of the fly-by shots there MAY have been a Comerica tower and POSSIBLY a fisher building.

Now granted this cartoon is geared towards 6-year olds but I was impressed that Detroit was chosen, by name, for the location of this cartoon.

Anyone else see it?

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 6758
Posted on Thursday, December 27, 2007 - 1:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey why not? They shot chunks of the live action movie here.

Detroithabitater
Username: Detroithabitater

Post Number: 99
Posted on Thursday, December 27, 2007 - 1:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Exactly. They called it out as "Detroit" 4 or 5 times by name which I thought was cool.

Even though the movie was shot here, it was supposed to be downtown L.A.

Demetrius8527
Username: Demetrius8527

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, December 27, 2007 - 3:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thats wonderful

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 3149
Posted on Thursday, December 27, 2007 - 9:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Neat...There's a short thread about this from July too

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/107211/106502.html

El_jimbo
Username: El_jimbo

Post Number: 463
Posted on Thursday, December 27, 2007 - 3:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As a side note, would the MCS work as a city hall as opposed to having city offices at the City/County Building?

Rob_in_warren
Username: Rob_in_warren

Post Number: 52
Posted on Thursday, December 27, 2007 - 4:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe the next generation will have some appreciation for Detroit. I wonder how much Detroit bid for this honor? Was it part of the deal to film in Detroit? jk. I hope the cartoon is a success!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.