Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » A Fin from Kwame! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitpetanque
Username: Detroitpetanque

Post Number: 12
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 10:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

a "fin" is an old gangster term denoting a $5 bill (five fingers to a hand - a hand being a fin... etc etc) anyway, Kwame is going to bounce back the entire Detroit economy by offering 2 hours of free parking and $5 off purchases ($25 minimum) at participating Detroit businesses. Check out the details at the modeldmedia website, and print out your Kwame funny money! Lincoln would be so proud!

http://www.modeldmedia.com/fea tures/shopd12207.aspx

Detroitpetanque
Username: Detroitpetanque

Post Number: 13
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 10:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

by the way, I tried offering a Kwame fin to a Cass Corridor Crack-Ho and she looked at me funny, and said she wasn't participating... oh well...

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 4062
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 11:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's a good policy idea on the part of Mayor Kilpatrick.

I think more publicity is needed outside of the city to inform people of what stores can be found downtown. I guess that would come down to the retailers themselves, but I think the RenCen should do even more to create hype. They have all the parking in the world and a mall-like atmosphere, except with a VIEW and proximity to downtown culture. Suburbanites should be eating that up.

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 1250
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 11:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

www.detroitsynergy.org

Shop Detroit - This Saturday.

Come on down before Noel Night.

Hornwrecker
Username: Hornwrecker

Post Number: 1938
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 11:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I already got mine.

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 2254
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 11:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

A recent study by Washington, D.C.,-based nonprofit Social Compact shows that Detroiters spend more than $1.7 billion outside of the city limits. And that figure is the just the tip of the information iceberg uncovered by the nonprofit, which has conducted similar studies in Cleveland and Houston.

The_ed
Username: The_ed

Post Number: 1215
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 11:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think this is what they were referring to: :-)

Hornwrecker

Post Number: 1939
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 11:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I made my own. Funny that we used the same picture.

The_ed

Post Number: 1216
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hornwrecker, I like yours better.
Do they come in 20's?

Hornwrecker

Post Number: 1940
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They can be PSed in any denomination you want. I sense a new, but brief business opportunity. {The diamond earring will cost you extra. Lens flares are extra work.}

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 10973
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 12:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am absolutely certain we had a discussion about parking in recent years...where I hammered on Birmingham's two-hour free policy.

Three cheers for the Kilpatrick administration coming to the aid of city businesses!

(Can I just take five bucks off a few of my outstanding parking tickets?! Let's consider it a pre-holiday Birthday gift!)

The_ed

Post Number: 1223
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 12:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Got parking tickets? Here's your chance to get them paid:

http://findarticles.com/p/arti cles/mi_hb5251/is_200604/ai_n2 0138747

Zephyrprocess
Username: Zephyrprocess

Post Number: 542
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 1:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I tried offering a Kwame fin to a Cass Corridor Crack-Ho and she looked at me funny, and said she wasn't participating

I'm guessing that they don't find the 2 hours' free parking to be any enticement to their clientele

Informed
Username: Informed

Post Number: 12
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2007 - 12:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bigots, I dare everyone of you to show your faces and say what city you live in. Come out of the shadows and post your picture so real people can see just what the face of insecure nobodies looks like.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 4205
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2007 - 12:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^ Huh? What was that all about?

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 5376
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2007 - 12:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Your guess is as good as mine JL...

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 4206
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2007 - 12:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Turrets syndrome?

Informed

Post Number: 13
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2007 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That was for the "crack ho" remark and the general tone of many posters who seem to look down on anything happening in the city limits of Detroit that is good.

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 5377
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2007 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK I agree with you then Informed. Those remarks were out of the blue, childish, and ignorant...

Informed

Post Number: 14
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2007 - 12:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"They can be PSed in any denomination you want. I sense a new, but brief business opportunity. {The diamond earring will cost you extra. Lens flares are extra work.}"

"by the way, I tried offering a Kwame fin to a Cass Corridor Crack-Ho and she looked at me funny, and said she wasn't participating... oh well..."

Johnlodge and Detroit_stylin you two may not see these remarks as bad but I do.

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 5378
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2007 - 12:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

"by the way, I tried offering a Kwame fin to a Cass Corridor Crack-Ho and she looked at me funny, and said she wasn't participating... oh well..."

That one was glaring Informed. It gets no more blatant and disrespectful than that. I have yet to see remarks like that about a politician north of 8 Mile.

So yes, I do se it as bad if not worse, especially since similar remarks have been made for years...

Hockey_player
Username: Hockey_player

Post Number: 396
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2007 - 1:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh lighten up, you bore.

Dds
Username: Dds

Post Number: 481
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2007 - 1:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Come out of the shadows and post your picture so real people can see just what the face of insecure nobodies looks like.

You first.

Hornwrecker

Post Number: 1945
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2007 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How nice to be called a racist for making a parody PS of the mayor. You probably think that the diamond earring was a nefarious fabrication by the racist media in this town to besmirch the character of your annointed politician.

I'm sure that you'll be valuable addition to this forum and contribute to it more, than I have or ever will (in the future).

Dkhbike
Username: Dkhbike

Post Number: 4
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2007 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^Love your Kwame fin. LOL

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.