Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Husband of MSU basketball coach bites a cop... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rampartstreetnorth
Username: Rampartstreetnorth

Post Number: 14
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 6:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

...and gets arrested in the Sarasota airport.

His wife coaches the MSU women's basketball team and was rumored to be in Florida to interview for the Gator's opening (in Sarasota?)

First Pokey Chatman (LSU) resigns suddenly, now this.

WTH is happening in women's basketball?

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/s tory.asp?S=6203387&nav=menu44_ 2

Ohudson
Username: Ohudson

Post Number: 205
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 7:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Say it ain't so Coach P!!!

She gets alot out of her team without alot of "great" athletes. The game against LSU (ironically) showed how overmatched physically and athletically LSU was over MSU. Also, the championship game of a couple years ago Baylor ran circles around MSU (except for Haynie). That may be a reason why she would go to the SEC, much better athletes.

The Pokey Chatman thing is crazy, but not comparable. Allegedly having a relationship with a player is unacceptable. Changing jobs and getting paid is a part of the business.

Rampartstreetnorth

Post Number: 16
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 7:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whereas in Pokey's case it's apparently a case of changing jobs for getting laid...

Ohudson wrote;

Changing jobs and getting paid is a part of the business

Ohudson

Post Number: 206
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pokey probably won't be getting any job any time soon if the rumors are true. Not any type of job anywhere near what's she had.

Rampartstreetnorth

Post Number: 17
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 7:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's a great shame about and for Pokey, if true. She was (is) an excellent young coach, and the story of how she took the reigns from her dying former coach and mentor Sue Gunter four years ago is inspiring.

But, agreed. If she did in fact entangle her position of authority over any of her players with her sex life, then she should never coach anywhere again.

Ohudson

Post Number: 208
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 7:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree, I like her as a coach and I thought that maybe she was going to take on a "opportunity" like coaching in the WNBA. That's how good I think she is. That's what I thought the story was about when I first heard. I wondered if Bill Laimbeer got fired and the Pokey era was starting... lol

I wonder is this the first time this has happened? She's been at LSU as a coach for 15 years or more.

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 271
Posted on Monday, March 12, 2007 - 6:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eat 'em up! Eat 'em up! RAH! RAH! RAH!

Ohudson

Post Number: 211
Posted on Monday, March 12, 2007 - 8:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL @ Kenp! Are you talking about Coach P's husband or Pokey Chapman? :-)

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 273
Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 10:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MSU coach's husband. This whole matter is gnawing at me.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.