Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Bertuzzi's a Red Wing « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Hardhat
Username: Hardhat

Post Number: 195
Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 2:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now we have two players everybody else loves to hate...
Chris Chelios and Bertuzzi
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_sto ry/?ID=197906&hubname=Bertuzzi .

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 222
Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 2:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

not getting your link to work, what is your source?

Ndavies
Username: Ndavies

Post Number: 2463
Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 3:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20070227/U PDATE/702270443/1004

Hardhat
Username: Hardhat

Post Number: 196
Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks like it became a bad link already.
Here's the text from TSN, complete with a typo that says Detroit "gets" instead of "gives."

Red Wings acquire Bertuzzi from Panthers
Todd Bertuzzi

TSN.ca Staff

2/27/2007 2:30:02 PM

Todd Bertuzzi's stay in the Sunshine State could be short-lived, as the Florida Panthers have agreed on a package to trade the veteran power forward to the Detroit Red Wings.

In return, Detroit gets a conditional draft pick and prospect Shawn Matthias.

Bertuzzi, 31, is in the final season of a four-year, $27.8 million contract and will become an unrestricted free agent in July.

The Panthers acquired him from the Vancouver Canucks in a package for goaltender Roberto Luongo last June.

Bertuzzi, one of the game's dominant power forwards, has been hampered by a herniated disk this season. He had one goal and seven points in just seven games prior to suffering the injury.

His best season came in 2002-03, when he scored 46 goals and 97 points with Vancouver.

Croweblack
Username: Croweblack

Post Number: 37
Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 3:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sucks that we didn't pull the trigger on jagr.

An injured bertuzzi is useless, a healthy Bertuzzi shoots us right past nashville and the rest of the NHL

Southofeight
Username: Southofeight

Post Number: 59
Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe they can sign another classless fuck to bookend the deal: Claude Lemieux.

Ericdetfan
Username: Ericdetfan

Post Number: 8
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 12:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bertuzzi says he will not play for at least 2 weeks to make sure that he is fully healed...

Calder did play tonite, had an assist and a goal...I hope thats a good omen and that he doesn't end up like Cory Cross

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 4573
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 1:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm mildly optimistic about this deal tobring Todd Bertuzzi here. While a healthy Bert is a force to be reckoned with, an injured Bertuzzi is useless to the team so the best I can do is hope he's healthy and can contribute. In so many ways- he's like a prospect right now.

One thing that Todd Bertuzzi does bring to the team that will follow him forever is that heinous hit on Steve Moore. Unfortunate no matter how you look at it and a horrible tragedy all around. What bothers me is some people comparing that Bertuzzi hit to the Lemeiux hit on Draper those many years ago. I really think that it's unfair on the grounds that at least Bertuzzi was man enough to admit his fault, apologize AND accept the punishment laid out to him by the league and the criminal justice system. What will forever be construed by me as a heinous act by Claude Lemeiux is the fact that he was never remorseful for his actions to another human being. No regret, no remorse, no class.

At least Todd Bertuzzi has been solid enough of a citizen since to accept his role in the incident. Let's hope he's healthy and can help our Wings to a long Cup run.

Southofeight
Username: Southofeight

Post Number: 60
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 9:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can forget utter contempt pretty quickly when a guy starts contributing. Chelios was a perfect example of that in Detroit, at least in my opinion. Bertuzzi's solid for what Bertuzzi does, and if he steps it up for the Wings, I won't be able to give him his ups quick enough. Waiting game, I suppose.

Tell you what though, I wouldn't have the balls to say this stuff to that guy's face.

Smogboy

Post Number: 4576
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 9:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Depending how tall you are you might need a few phone books to stand on in order to say it face-to-face to the guy. Bertuzzi's not exactly a shrinking violet.

Let's hope it works out well for the guy here.

Smogboy

Post Number: 4598
Posted on Sunday, March 04, 2007 - 3:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For a guy who hasn't even skated in a game for the Wings, I keep on hearing on the radio of how some fans still think we've hired the devil himself to be a part of this team. Fans just can't seem to let his past go. I don't see anyone denying the accident he caused years ago- certainly not Todd Bertuzzi. Do we, as fans have to embrace lovingly and unconditionally every member of our sports teams? I'm not so sure. I don't know of anyone that condoned what Todd Bertuzzi did but there's a certain point when we have to let it go and move forward. How much more anger, spite and venom do we toss this man's way?

I can't forget this guy's past but I'm hoping he has a decent future here.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.