Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Red Wings & Tigers Radio Broadcasts are Moving... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Yupislyr
Username: Yupislyr

Post Number: 182
Posted on Thursday, December 28, 2006 - 7:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

...to WKRK 97.1

No links yet but I did see the story so far on WDIV.

A casualty of this was the Parker & The Man show on 97.1, gone effective immediately.

Zephyrprocess
Username: Zephyrprocess

Post Number: 189
Posted on Thursday, December 28, 2006 - 10:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The earlier buzz had a joint agreement with WXYT and WKRK both broadcasting.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 4166
Posted on Friday, December 29, 2006 - 12:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow... I heard it on WDIV tonight and I'm saddened. Earlier this week Art Regner got the ziggy from WXYT. Not that I'm a huge fan of his homerism, but to hear that anyone getting cut or let go is still sad. Rob Parker & Mark Wilson were fun and now they're dumped too. Sad day for them. I hope all of them find gainful employment and soon.

And if WYYT is hooking up with WKRK, it'd be good for the sports fans becuse Lord knows that weak signal coming out of WXYT couldn't broadcast too far.

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 2291
Posted on Friday, December 29, 2006 - 3:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

1270 has THE WORST signal of all time. A total joke of a station for any credible team like these two to be broadcast on. 97.1 will provide clear reception throughout the area (1270 fades in and out, especially at night, in the C of D, and hardly provides any long-distance reception because it is scratchy as hell as close by as Ann Arbor). As long as the Tigers retain their regional AM network so I can hear them in other parts of the state I'll be happy.

The loss of Parker and the Man, the last really interesting sports talk show in the city, is saddening, however.

Smogboy

Post Number: 4168
Posted on Friday, December 29, 2006 - 5:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've always been surprised why sports teams don't have their broadcasts on the FM side. Is this the last vestige of the days when AM ruled the radio?

I still remember many a year ago when I was driving up north and listening to Bruce Martyn calling a Red Wing game. It might've still been WJR at the time too. I remember there was a clean cut breakaway from center ice, the shooter was breaking in on the goalie, he shoots... and just at that time my car went under a bridge and the radio signal was lost. I had to go a little further to find out what had happened and it drove me nuts knowing that all of that drama wasn't revealed to me until about 3/4 of a mile down the road.

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1008
Posted on Friday, December 29, 2006 - 5:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rob Parker himself said there would be shakeups in sports radio

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 34
Posted on Friday, December 29, 2006 - 8:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Finally, I can go in the car or listen on the radio to an actual signal instead of static. Only problem is me changing from AM to FM since I'm always on 950 when I listen.

Smogboy

Post Number: 4169
Posted on Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 2:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Speaking of Rob Parker, according to Gregg Henson's website, he knew about Art Regner's departure before Regner did. AND he announced it on WDIV a few weeks back. Ouch.

I just wonder what's going to happen to all of these sports radio talk guys now.

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1009
Posted on Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 4:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm sick of most of the writers in this town and their fluff stories with the lions. It's time to ask the tough questions

Cheddar_bob
Username: Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 797
Posted on Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 9:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not all broken up about Rob Parker getting the axe. I just hope they kicked him in the nuts before he left. I hate that guy.

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 1231
Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 1:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is Art going elsewhere? I really like that guy.

Kinda under the impression that some of those XYT guys weren't really on the "good side" of clear channel (or was it CBS?).

Eric_w
Username: Eric_w

Post Number: 12
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 7:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kick Rob Parker in the nuts? Gets my vote. A New York reject.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.