Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » The Inn on Ferry Street « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Designerguy24
Username: Designerguy24

Post Number: 76
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 12:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has anyone stayed here? I am looking to give my parents a room as a christmas gift. If you've stayed here or know someone who did was it a good experience? Know of any other bed and breakfasts in the Downtown Area?

Scs_scooter
Username: Scs_scooter

Post Number: 31
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 12:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When out of town co-workers are in Detroit for biz, they stay at the Inn. Nothing but rave reviews.

6nois
Username: 6nois

Post Number: 605
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 1:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have heard nothing but good things about the Inn. The rooms seem very nice and all of the buildings look very well maintained. I would say go for it.

Gazhekwe
Username: Gazhekwe

Post Number: 1053
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 1:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We put people up there, and it is lovely. Rooms are nice, gathering spots are beautiful, and the food is good, too. The people working there that I met are really nice.

Lo_to_d
Username: Lo_to_d

Post Number: 29
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 1:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We had our out of town wedding quests stay there. It worked out great and the Inn has a free shuttle to places within reason, couple the gift with tickets to the orchestra. We stayed in the coach house on our wedding night, and had a brunch there as well in the morning. Everything was perfect.

Sciencefair
Username: Sciencefair

Post Number: 31
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 1:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Also check out the Inn at 97 Winder:
http://www.theinnat97winder.co m/

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 4023
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 1:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Friends of mine have stayed there, only fantastic things to say about it.

Rsa
Username: Rsa

Post Number: 1355
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 1:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

modelD reviewed several b&b's in last week's issue. check it out: http://www.modeldmedia.com/fea tures/bandb12107.aspx
also has links to all of them.

Urbanoutdoors
Username: Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 649
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have heard good things about 97 winder and the inn on ferry, also check out the woodbridge star it is very nice and not quite as $$$ if I remember correctly.

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 307
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOVELY!

Rax
Username: Rax

Post Number: 40
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Both are very nice in my opinion.

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 3201
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would choose the Inn on Ferry myself

Frankg
Username: Frankg

Post Number: 50
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have stayed at the Inn on Ferry Street 4 times, it is great! You can wake up Sunday morning, have breakfast, and you are only a block away from the DIA. How is that for a great way to spend a weekend?

Clermont
Username: Clermont

Post Number: 19
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 8:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

a couple of years ago my band was performing at the DIA and they put us up at the Inn. It was great.

Detroitsky
Username: Detroitsky

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 8:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My aunt and uncle stayed there a few years ago. The rooms were really nice.

Rrl
Username: Rrl

Post Number: 927
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 8:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My lady & I stayed there for the first time just this past weekend, stayed in the Roehm Home. We have done quite a few various inn and B&B stays over the past 18 months, and I have to say that the IOFS is absolutely near the top. I can't say enough about how much we enjoyed it.

The houses and room(s) are very nice, meticulously redone, comfortably furnished, and something quite unexpected, but the house had a scent (not odor), that makes the place feel even more comfortable. Hard to explain, kind of that Grandma's house kind of smell, but even better. Fresh cookies in the room, great attention to detail. The rooms aren't done up with all that typical B&B flowery, chinz sort of schitt either; very nice.

We used the shuttle to pick us up from the train station (trained in from Chi-town, another totally great part of the weekend) and then shuttled to dinner at Mosiac. I think the only gripe during the entire stay was the shuttle driver took us way out of the way (via Joe Louis Arena) on our way to Greektown to drop off another couple at the Wings game, and we were late for our reservation. Minor stuff though.

The bed and linens were great for fabulous night's sleep (although the dozen or so beverages prior to bed didn't hurt either). Only other gripe was the shower head had minimal pressure. Sorry kids, I like my shower w/ a little power.

Sunday's breakfast was very good, all fresh fruit, eggs, waffles, normal morning fare. Honestly, I have had more unique B&B breakfasts, but those were in places where there is only one breakfast "seating" and the innkeeper and rest of the guests are all about getting into your business, not something I particularly enjoy. IOFS is a little more inn and less B&B, with a "come when you feel like it" breakfast, which again, we prefer.

All in all, we'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

Go for it DesignerGuy, if your folks appreciate the B&B thing, I think they will fall in love w/ the IOFS.

Lobsterpots
Username: Lobsterpots

Post Number: 49
Posted on Friday, December 07, 2007 - 4:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

IOFS is the best. I've stayed there three times. The last time, just recently a few days before Thanksgiving I got a beautiful room with a Jacuzzi tub. in Roehme house. It even had a porch. Each time that I go they put me in a different house, which is cool. I agree it does have a sweet & distinctive floral aroma.
I probably wont be visiting there for awhile when I decide to purchase my home in BE.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.