Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Increase in organics at UFoods « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Urbanoutdoors
Username: Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 642
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2007 - 8:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was in University Foods the other day and noticed how much better their produce section was than years past(no more cardboard, styro, and paper on the produce). With almost every organic Earthbound Farms makes in stock, also I noticed that they are now carrying another brand of frozen organic dinners besides Amy's it is good to see that organics are becoming more available in local grocers. Its a start, still not where I would like to see Detroit grocers but much better than it used to be.

Miesfan
Username: Miesfan

Post Number: 103
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2007 - 8:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If we want more organic food options in the city the way to do it is to increase the middle and upper-middle class population in the city proper.

Mbr
Username: Mbr

Post Number: 264
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2007 - 10:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They need better produce.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.