Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Thank you Michigan, « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Mudmarker
Username: Mudmarker

Post Number: 31
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 4:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Michigan.

I love living in your armpit,
and I love all of these characters that live in your armpit with me.

Thank you for Barry Sanders,
thank you for Petosky stones,
thank you for car jacks.

You hold a special place in my heart i feel no other state could occupy.

Thank you for Gratiot Avenue, one of the great avenues in our history, forever shadowed by the the godfather of avenues, Woodward.
One might say Gratiot is the Scottie Pippen of avenues.

You wear it like a sash in a beauty pagent.

I want to thank you for being you. What other state could bear the embaressment
that must come from looking like a oven mit your entire life. No other states have to deal this kind of stress, with the obvious exception of Florida, another great state who has to carry the weight of being the wang of the Americas.

Times are tough and everyone is hatin on you right now,.... but you can rely on the fact that i will always stand by your side, whether or not I have to move to a warmer economic climate.

You are rarely accuratley represented on maps, if you are represented at all. Its as if th upper portion of you is a giant secret forest that does not exsit on maps and that no one returns from.

You have lakes that people focus on like five giant breasts. But i know that there is more to you than just beatiful perky lakes.
There is also a considerable amount of land.
Land that i grew up on and land that I love.

Thank you Michigan.
Top of pageBottom of page

Rocket_city
Username: Rocket_city

Post Number: 488
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 4:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What about Zug Island? I mean, if you're going to mention car jacks and all.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.