Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » More women packing heat « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11721
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 11:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good to hear more citizens are utilizing their constitutional right.

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.d ll/article?AID=/20071130/METRO /711300384

Yooper
Username: Yooper

Post Number: 100
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 11:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chicks with guns! That's hot! LOL

Rax
Username: Rax

Post Number: 24
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 11:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't get it?

Detroithabitater
Username: Detroithabitater

Post Number: 75
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Another article about women with STDs?

(wink)

Mcp001
Username: Mcp001

Post Number: 3108
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 12:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Remember: Double-tap, center mass.

Then call 911.

Crawford
Username: Crawford

Post Number: 178
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 12:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Time to amend the Constitution. It isn't the 18th Century and we no longer need a well-regulated (ha!) civillian militia.

Keep it for licensed hunters, small business owners, security services, and target ranges, and everyone else can move to the Sudan if they want to pack heat at Wal Mart and shoot guns at the public.

Funny too that this female thug lives in Canton, one of the supposedly "safe" sprawlburbs. Better not tailgate your monster SUV down Ford Road, or this lady will cap your ass.

Plymouthres
Username: Plymouthres

Post Number: 274
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"female thug"? You are just a load of laughs today, Crawford.

As for weapons, we all should have them. They are a proven deterrent to crime. It's the illegal ones we need to eliminate.

Except you. You shouldn't be allowed a butter knife.

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 1734
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I kind of agree with Crawford. Not to be sexist or anything but I’ll be real for a sec, a lot of the women in my life have no business having steady access to a gun at all times, too volatile. This news troubles me and I am suddenly reminded of that psycho chick who shot at that guy on 94 for cutting her off, I wouldn't want that being a widespread phenomenon. Its bad enough I have to worry about Jr. Tupacs and John Waynes on an everyday basis. Now I have to worry about chicks with guns too? You could get killed trying to get a phone number.

Plymouthres

Post Number: 276
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 2:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Guys are the only ones "stable" enough to carry a weapon? WTF?

My wife, at 5'-0" and 100lbs, handles her .40 without a problem, and is quite capable of decerning when to use it or not. She is not some psycho chick, and I would suggest that if that's what you are used to to get some different female friends. I don't think this issue is subjective to women only.....

In the 20+ years that I have carried, by the way, I've only had the occasion to get to a red stage twice, and never have I actually had to draw down yet.

By the way, I'll take a chick with a gun over a drunk with a vehicle any day. Much more abuse with "those" types of weapons.

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 1739
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 2:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, no one is stable enough to carry a weapon. The majority of people in this world, country, whatever are for the most part idiots. Its bad enough that on a daily basis I may have to deal with male idiots with guns. Now with this new trend I am going to have to deal with female idiots with guns too?

I mean seriously the only reason I own firearms is to repel the average idiot with their firearm. If there are no firearms for any of us idiots then where is the danger? Who gets killed? No one.

Now I'm not saying repeal the 2nd amendment completely but its time to perhaps reevaluate it from a modern perspective and determine whether or not it has outlived its usefulness in its current form.

Mcp001

Post Number: 3110
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 3:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And for what reason should we amend the Constitution, Crawford?

Mayor_sekou, as a gun-owner, I'll try not to be too offended by your ignorance of firearm owners in America.

I for one, happen to want a firearm, so I went out and purchased it (legally).

Plymouthres

Post Number: 278
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 3:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^^^^Yeah. What he said.

Unclefrank
Username: Unclefrank

Post Number: 126
Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2007 - 12:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The government will protect you and keep you safe!

LOL!

Unclefrank
Username: Unclefrank

Post Number: 127
Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2007 - 12:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The government will protect you!

LOL!

Jrvass
Username: Jrvass

Post Number: 333
Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2007 - 3:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When seconds count, 911 is only MINUTES away!

Alan55
Username: Alan55

Post Number: 807
Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2007 - 5:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MCP001: "Remember: Double-tap, center mass."
"Then call 911."

MCP001: "...as a gun-owner, I'll try not to be too offended by your ignorance of firearm owners in America"

Maybe your neighbor's wife will try not to be too offended after you mistakenly shoot your neighbor.

Romanized
Username: Romanized

Post Number: 251
Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2007 - 7:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Alan55,

Are you a fool or just a coward?

Club_boss
Username: Club_boss

Post Number: 204
Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2007 - 10:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I never miss, and my sister purchased this purse that has a special compartment that supports as well as conceals her firearm.

The same people that mock gun-owners are the very people that gun-owners save.

Mcp001

Post Number: 3120
Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2007 - 11:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, except for Alan55.

He's afraid of my aiming ability, so I just leave him to the criminals.

Club_boss

Post Number: 205
Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2007 - 11:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

“Remember: Double-tap, center mass.”

Personally I prefer to be a tad more generous with the lead, even in the .40 caliber range, I feel more secure squeezing off 3 or 4 rounds, just to be on the safe side.

Just my opinion, different strokes for different folks.

Crawford
Username: Crawford

Post Number: 183
Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2007 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you own a gun, you statistically have a MUCH higher chance of your families coming into harms way.

I understand its currently legal for any schmuck to buy an arsenal (hopefully not for long and the U.S. will join the civilized world), but I have no idea why people put their families at risk because they have a gun fetish. Go to a firing range or go hunting, but keep it away from your home and away from all loved ones.

BTW, loose gun laws are correlated with violence and death. Places like New York, Massachusetts and Connecticut (tough gun laws) have some of the lowest murder rates in the nation, while places like Texas, Florida and Georgia (loose gun laws) are the most violent places in the nation.

Even more illustrative of the danger of loose gun laws is looking where the illegal guns came from in states like Massachusetts. They all came from places like Florida, Georgia, etc., meaning that if these redneck, gun-crazy states cleaned up their act, the already low-homicide states would have their stats plummet even further.

Of course, the NRA would scream beacuse they want everyone to be able to buy any sort of violent weapon without any background check.

The Constitution was NEVER intended to be a static document. The Supreme Court has affirmed time and time again that it is a living, breathing document than can (and should) be modified when it is conflict with prevailing values.

The gun nuts are vastly outnumbered by more rational folks that favor tight regulations, and "our" side will eventually win.

Club_boss

Post Number: 206
Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2007 - 2:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The side that will “win” is the side that is standing and breathing after the smoke clears.

I’m one of those gun nuts who feel that gun ownership (regardless of it cyclic rate) is a right, I’m not advocating firing high-powered rifles in a urban setting at all, simply our right to own them.

Oh and since I’m one of those gun-nuts, it might do the “other side” good to carefully consider taking anything away from a group of people classified as nuts.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.