Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » What happened to the Pit Stop? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Waymooreland
Username: Waymooreland

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 1:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anybody know if the Pit Stop is closed, only open VERY limited hours now or on hiatus until baseball season next year?

It's a fun, casual bar on the corner of Woodward and Witherell, right off of Grand Circus Park that just opened this summer. Now it seems pretty much dead, to my dismay. Their gimmick was to stop by for cheap drinks before Tigers games, so maybe they'll reopen in the spring. I don't know.

Does anybody have any idea what happened or is happening there?

(Message edited by waymooreland on November 28, 2007)

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 1251
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes,

You can blame City Clownsil for this one. They passed an ordinance keeping Meatheads out of Grand Circus Park.

With their core-audience banned from reaching their establishment, the Pit Stop had no hope but to close.

Shark
Username: Shark

Post Number: 307
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 4:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That place was one giant, disgusting health code violation in all of its many incarnations; the Pit Stop, Tavern on the Park, the Flame Grill, etc... Face it, you won't see a legitimate business there until the whole building is rehabbed.

Waymooreland
Username: Waymooreland

Post Number: 6
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 4:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yikes! Well, okay. I guess it was so dark that I didn't really notice. And to think that I ate one of their subs, too! Actually, it was pretty good.

Yooper
Username: Yooper

Post Number: 97
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That place is so cool! I went there after a Tigers game for $2 beers. It smelled kinda funny, though.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 10887
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Another bonus. If you are in the bathroom and accidentally pee on your shoes you will never know since you would be standing in an inch of water to begin with.

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 2474
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Another bonus. If you are in the bathroom and accidentally pee on your shoes you will never know since you would be standing in an inch of water to begin with.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Surprisingly, maybe things are not going so well at the Detroit Mortgage Group. I wonder how that Book condo's coming?

Adamjab19
Username: Adamjab19

Post Number: 814
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 6:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, that place was beyond dive...total shit hole! Flies so big, stunk so bad, water everywhere....It's hard to have a legitimate business below a rotting, 30 story, hulk of a building. Even for dives it was awful in there.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.