Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Driving for Metrocars « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Bigcab
Username: Bigcab

Post Number: 6
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 4:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anybody on the forum familiar with Metro cars as an employer? I'm wondering what a typical day is as far as hours and wages ? Whats a slow day ( money wise) and whats a good day ? Weekdays vs Nights and weekends.....Metro cars vs Checker Sedan ?

(Message edited by bigcab on November 27, 2007)

Steelworker
Username: Steelworker

Post Number: 1028
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 11:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

only requirement ive seen of metro cars is you must be the slowest car that stays in the fast lane on the whole route.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 10972
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL.

Bandits hang in the left lane, that makes sense.

Work for Checker, isn't Metro Cars part of the whole corrupt McNamara/Kilpatrick clan? I thought it was a Bobby Ferguson thing...or something not unlike it.

Bad Karma. Drive Checker, eat at Checkers. It'll be much better for you overall. Unless the owners of Checker have even WORSE karma...the Sisters at the now unrelated bar are above reproach, though.

Plus they make a killer burger...and have the best wine selection of any basic bar downtown.

Whoa, what a fun, semi-almost-related threadjack!

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 3047
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have taken Metro cars a bunch of times and in talking to the drivers it seems like most also have other jobs or they are retired from somewhere else and drive for extra cash.

Wash_man
Username: Wash_man

Post Number: 507
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 12:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Plus they make a killer burger...and have the best wine selection of any basic bar downtown."

And the slowest service, even if there are only 4-6 people in the place. Too busy BS'ing with their friends.

Mikefive
Username: Mikefive

Post Number: 25
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 12:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought they were both owned by the same person. Collin or Cullen something.

Rax
Username: Rax

Post Number: 11
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Metro Cars is owned by Detroit-area businessman Cullan Meathe and Gregory Eaton.

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 196
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 3:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You have to be a middle easterner who knows moderate to little english to work for Metro Cars. I prefer Airport Bus and Limo out of Roseville. English speaking America who drive fast! http://www.airportbuslimo.com/

Rax

Post Number: 15
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the inside tip about the "middle easterner" drivers. I'll make sure to order a Metro Car, guaranteeing I won't run in to you.

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 198
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 3:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I took a metrocar or a metro taxi on 6 different occasions in 2005 every time, the scheduler and driver were middle eastern and had a hard time understanding my directions. The one driver was blaring his native music, and refused to turn it down. I'm not making a racist generality, I am stating personal experience over a number of occurences.

Bigcab

Post Number: 7
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK then,

I learned where to eat a good hamburger, AND that Metro Car drivers are middle eastern immigrants that enjoy sharing their musical diversity. Now back to the question...does anybody on the forum have wage or other information, regarding driving for Metro Cars ?

Jmarx
Username: Jmarx

Post Number: 46
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 4:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I personally don't know anyone that drives for MetroCars, however, if you're simply looking for wage information, they have a phone number on their website (http://www.metrodetroitsedans. com)...it's for reservations, but they might be able to give you some general info.

Rax

Post Number: 16
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 4:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Please let us know how things went after you call the reservation line for employment opportunities.

Jmarx

Post Number: 48
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Haha...nice comment Rax...<grin>... I'm with ya, but since it's a local company with a local non-24hr line, I thought it might be worth a shot. (as opposed to a national company that would farm-out the reservation hotline to a different company) Giving it a try is better than doing nothing I suppose...perhaps they'll be able to provide another number/contact...

Bigcab

Post Number: 8
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 5:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Jmarx but the web site you posted is NOT for Metro Cars..Its for Metro-detroit-sedans...Someone trying to make a gypsy type association to the real thing. I was hoping to get some good inside, behind the scenes info. here on the forum, guess I'll head out to the airport and talk to a few drivers.

Jmarx

Post Number: 49
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 5:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whoops! Don't I feel silly now! :-)

Good luck in your search, Bigcab...

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.