Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » WDIV Cancels Christmas Party! « Previous Next »
Archive through November 26, 2007Thnk2mch30 11-26-07  9:44 am
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 3019
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2007 - 9:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why do we care?? My Co cancels paries like that all the time - why would anyone else care

Falstaff
Username: Falstaff

Post Number: 99
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2007 - 10:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WDIV could have a contest for the next holiday party planner, just like their contest for the next traffic reporter.

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 893
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2007 - 11:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Excellent Picture. George Pierott was actually awake.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 857
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2007 - 8:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As long as no one died, then really it's just small potatoes. There will be more parties in the future. WDIV is a fun news station!

Gplimpton
Username: Gplimpton

Post Number: 91
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2007 - 9:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, I'm having a ball getting our ass kicked night after night and having the few fun things we do get cancelled. Yay! Power of 4!!

Detroitrise

Post Number: 864
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2007 - 9:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gplimpton, do you work for WDIV? If that's the case, I just want to tel you that you guys are my favorite news station. No another station in Metro Detroit balances out professional newscasting and fun and games with strictly timed detailed information better than you guys.

Gplimpton

Post Number: 92
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2007 - 10:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And we have that wheel of crime. That's fun, right?

Mind_field
Username: Mind_field

Post Number: 826
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2007 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Geez if you don't like where you work, go get another job and stop COMPLAINING! You should be thankful you have a job.

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 701
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2007 - 11:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wdiv is in hard times i take it.
Cheer up, everyone just switch jobs to a station who does celebrate christmas, that way all you can get even.

Nellonfury
Username: Nellonfury

Post Number: 231
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 2:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since WDIV has cancel the christmas party. I'll invite Carmen,Rhonda,Beth,Kim and especially Ama over to my christmas party. We'll gonna play Kim's Quiz,UNO,cowboys and indians. Man it's gonna be LOTS of fun!

Reddog289
Username: Reddog289

Post Number: 107
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 2:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

they can show up at my house, karen has to leave the knife at home.

Falstaff

Post Number: 100
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 7:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Karen never leaves home without the knife. She is fan of the musical (soon to be movie) Sweeny Todd:

"At last, my right arm is complete again!"

So, I guess you won't be inviting Karen after all.

How rude!

Informed
Username: Informed

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 9:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

perhaps WDIV is not having a Christmas party because they are loosing so much money. Their ratings are terrible.

Falstaff

Post Number: 101
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 10:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think WDIV's ratings were better than fox2's and I understand that fox2 is having a party.

So, that must not be the answer.

I'm glad so many posters on Detroit Yes are trying to find an answer to this, the most vexing issue confronting metro Detroit.

I, for one, will not rest until we know the true facts. My sense of justice demands no less.

(I just like posting this picture)

Ed_golick
Username: Ed_golick

Post Number: 877
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 5:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pics from last year's WDIV party.
http://www.squareamerica.com/p a1.htm

Mcp001
Username: Mcp001

Post Number: 3094
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 5:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fox 2 sucks!

Their morning "news" is about as inane as that of the Fox News Channel.

They spend too much time socializing, commenting, and just plain shooting the bull instead of actually reporting something newsworthy!

Yupislyr
Username: Yupislyr

Post Number: 242
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hah.

What is the original context of that screenshot?

"What everyone has in their home that just might KILL you!, coming up next at 11"

Ed_golick
Username: Ed_golick

Post Number: 878
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 7:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Karen Drew was using visual aids to demonstrate a recent beheading in the local news.

Bobj

Post Number: 3069
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 7:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Still looks hot

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1711
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 8:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

where is that pic from? and did last years party get rowdy?>

Falstaff

Post Number: 102
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 9:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

where is that pic from? and did last years party get rowdy?

What happened at the WDIV party last year doesn't matter anymore.

We MUST know why it was canceled this year.

There is no bigger question facing this region.

Gplimpton

Post Number: 93
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 3:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At the same time we're losing the book, we cancel our party? I don't know Falstaff, but I'm a little down in the dumps. How 'bout you?

Cheddar_bob
Username: Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1517
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 5:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gplimpton, if you do work at DIV, can you tell Michelle (the Director) that she is still missed at her last place of employment? Thanks. Oh, and tell John P. that State sucks.

Falstaff

Post Number: 103
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 5:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is it any wonder that WDIV is hurting for ratings?

As you pointed out (wheel of crime), WDIV is relying far to much on cheap gimmicks (auditions for new traffic reporter). Report the news, don't insult the intelligence of the audience.

Back to the party - when will someone tell us what happened? I can't sleep at night without an answer.

Detroitrise

Post Number: 873
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 5:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eh, I can deal with WDIV anyday over our other Whacko stations. WJBK is the lowest budget station I've ever seen. WXYZ uses those corny jokes throughout the newscasts from 40 years ago.

Falstaff

Post Number: 104
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 7:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It has been fourteen hours since I last asked - what happened to the party?

Should we appoint a blue ribbon commission? The members of that commission would report their findings to us.

This issue is quickly becoming a crisis!

Bobj

Post Number: 3109
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 7:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I heard they are secretly still having it with a select group of people

Falstaff

Post Number: 105
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 9:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I heard they are secretly still having it with a select group of people

With whom?

The Trilateral Commission?

The Illuminati?

The plot thickens!

Falstaff

Post Number: 106
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 2:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My sources tell me that the secret WDIV holiday party is being hosted by the Illuminati.

The Trilateral Commission cited the recent economic slump for begging off the WDIV party.

illuminati

(Message edited by Falstaff on November 29, 2007)

Gplimpton

Post Number: 94
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 1:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rumor has it Meloni is having his own party...but just like last year...only Meloni will be there.

Falstaff

Post Number: 107
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 8:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Meloni is a member of the Illuninati?

He struck me more as a member of the Knights of Columbus.

Hmmmmmm!

Why was this party canceled?

Gplimpton

Post Number: 95
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 11:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Meloni is believed to be an alien, actually. How else could one have hair like that?

Miketeevee
Username: Miketeevee

Post Number: 27
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 11:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Parties are for winners. Any winners at 'DIV?

Didn't think so.

Falstaff

Post Number: 108
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 5:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Parties are for winners. Any winners at 'DIV?

There are, in fact, a few winners at WDIV.

If only winners partied, there would be many non-party goers from all three newsrooms.

The Illuminati will soon be dealing with you and all others screwing with New World Order holiday parties.

Falstaff

Post Number: 109
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2007 - 8:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What? A whole weekend and not one posting on this most pressing matter?

The Illuminati has suppressed any further discussion on the WDIV holiday party.

Pity!

Sstashmoo
Username: Sstashmoo

Post Number: 640
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2007 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The interest in this thread is probably directly proportionate to the amount of interest in local news channels.

Car-jacking, Robbery, Murder and/or fires. Either we get all four or a combination in between. And there you have a local news report. It's depressing.

Gplimpton

Post Number: 97
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2007 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Falstaff, I'm too depressed to even talk about this! Do you think Carmen will give me a lock of her hair for Christmas?

Falstaff

Post Number: 111
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2007 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why so depressed GP?

WDIV is still #1 @ 11 PM despite the horrible lead in programming from NBC.

Be happy!

Gplimpton

Post Number: 98
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2007 - 12:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah I saw we're running a commercial that says that but we lost the households for the first time in forever, and I think the big demo. We won one of the smaller demos, which I wouldn't consider much of a victory.

Bobj

Post Number: 3122
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2007 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The secret party is at a secret place and time - if you have not received your invite, you are not invited.

Falstaff

Post Number: 112
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2007 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Yeah I saw we're running a commercial that says that but we lost the households for the first time in forever, and I think the big demo. We won one of the smaller demos, which I wouldn't consider much of a victory.

I don't think GP really works at 550 West Lafayette. He sounds like an agent provocateur from the Circle 7.

quote:

The secret party is at a secret place and time - if you have not received your invite, you are not invited.

This is how The Illuminati works. Do you need further proof?

Gplimpton

Post Number: 100
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2007 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HUH? You wanna bet? Last year's party was at the Roostertail. I had a swell time, I brought my wife. We drank a lot! This year's party is...non-existent.

Falstaff

Post Number: 113
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2007 - 5:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, I know where the party was last year too.

It was on Saturday, December 9, 2006.

I'm sure The Illuminati (or Grace Gilchrist) could provide you with these details.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 3968
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2007 - 5:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gplimpton

Post Number: 103
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2007 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Listen Fally, I know who you are. I know why you're so, friendly to my beloved employer. But just because they pay my paycheck doesn't mean I have to be, too.

Falstaff

Post Number: 114
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 8:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh? Do you know me by my IP address that you fraudulently claimed to have in a previous thread?

Or are you just psychic?

Call me out - I want to see just how tight you are with The Illuminati.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.