Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » The Color Purple in Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Artistic
Username: Artistic

Post Number: 70
Posted on Monday, November 19, 2007 - 5:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is some exciting news...The Color Purple is coming to Detroits Fox theatre in May 2008. The broadway version is an Oprah Winfrey production. I'll be there on May 30th. I though I'd share something good and fun with everyone.

Jonesy
Username: Jonesy

Post Number: 402
Posted on Monday, November 19, 2007 - 6:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw the play in Chicago and thought it was outstanding.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 1612
Posted on Monday, November 19, 2007 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am glad to see this news. I am considering getting tickets for the missus & myself. Also on the subject of theater, I have to add that when The Lion King was here a few years back, we saw it, and I swear to God it was absolutely, and literally, spectacular. It was the most amazing production I have ever seen in a theater. It is returning, and I passionately recommend it.

That_gurl_kat
Username: That_gurl_kat

Post Number: 37
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 7:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am so excited about this! I remember seeing the announcement of the play on a clip from the Oprah show. Apparently she had the cast come on the show and perform a song. The little bit that I saw/heard gave me goose bumps. I can only imagine how powerful the whole play must be!

Detroit313
Username: Detroit313

Post Number: 554
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 11:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The entire cast comes in my lounge every night after a show. They dance their arrsses off every night.

Adm70
Username: Adm70

Post Number: 14
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw The Color Purple in New York this past June and it was fantastic!

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 888
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 11:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit313,
Sorry for being ignorant, but what is the name of your club.

Detroit313
Username: Detroit313

Post Number: 555
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2007 - 12:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rande Gerber's Whiskey Bar. In TSQ.

Trying to push the Gerbers to build a new location in the Book Caddy.

A new Stone Rose Detroit.

check out the site. www.gerberbars.com

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 1630
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2007 - 6:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit313,
Sorry for being ignorant, but what is TSQ?

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 3878
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2007 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Times Square

Fjw718
Username: Fjw718

Post Number: 164
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2007 - 9:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stone Rose is awesome! I try to grab a drink there every week in the Time Warner Center. My friend just opened landmarc in the same building as well.

http://www.anvilny.com/

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.