Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Ex FBI, CIA employee pleds guilty, is La Shish sister-in-law « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 373
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nada Nadim Prouty, 37, originally from Lebanon, also pleaded guilty Tuesday in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan to conspiracy to defraud the U.S. government. She was accused of using her fraudulently obtained U.S. citizenship to gain employment with the FBI and CIA, and of using her position in the FBI to check on the information held on family members connected to Hizballah, according to the U.S. Department of Justice.

read the full article to see the connection to Tahil Chahine.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworl d/20071113/tc_pcworld/139605

Kid_dynamite
Username: Kid_dynamite

Post Number: 378
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 9:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm really disgusted after reading that article. I'm most disgusted at the fact this POS was spying on our intelligence about her terrorism-supporting family, but I am also shaking my head about the fact that people like this can be hired, and get by, unnoticed, by our intelligence organizations.

Gnome

Post Number: 374
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

kid, my thoughts exactly. That Chahine guy is a real scum bag, has one son in prison for murder and his wife is in Federal Tennis camp for tax evasion.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 10765
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 10:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now a shameless plug for a new favorite of mine. I have no affiliation but if you liked La Shish, the new Kabob place on the corner of Milwaukee and Woodward is owned by an ex-La Shish manager.

Assuming it is the bigger guy behind the counter he is super nice and the food is outstanding. If your politics and taste buds are fighting over missing La Shish you can satisfy both by supporting this newer place.

Sorry for the thread jack but I really want the place to succeed since they have awesome food.

Kid_dynamite
Username: Kid_dynamite

Post Number: 381
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 10:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Motown Kabob is good. I would recommend it as well.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 3101
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 11:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This story ranks right up there with this one from March

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 184
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 12:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

apparently the year long intensive background check a friend of mine had to go through to get an internship at the CIA a few years ago is no longer standard practice.

Read in an article last year that the owners of the small handful of franchised La Shish restaurant changed their restaurant names right after the original Tax evasion charges were levied. On the rare occasion I need a mid east lunch fix, I generally drive over to Beirut Palace on the corner of 11 mile and Main in Royal Oak. Will never ever shop at a La Shit.

Unclefrank
Username: Unclefrank

Post Number: 119
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 6:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WTF is going on with background checks? The one I had to go through for a military clearance was awful. They all but gave me a full cavity search. That was 25 years ago.

Gnome

Post Number: 376
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 8:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20071114/NEW S06/711140357

"In an embarrassing breach of national security, a former metro Detroit woman whose family is suspected of having links to a Lebanese terrorist group got sensitive jobs at the FBI and CIA despite being an illegal immigrant, authorities said Tuesday.

Worse, they said, Nada Nadim Prouty, 37, of Vienna, Va., used her position at the FBI to access a classified computer system to find out whether she or her family members -- including fugitive La Shish restaurant chain owner Talal Chahine -- "

So, this gal, Prouty, entered a sham marriage witha US citizen, what is going to happen to that man?

Buddyinrichmond
Username: Buddyinrichmond

Post Number: 247
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 8:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This thread needs some multipage Gannon insight.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 3608
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 9:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember hearing there was a car theft ring being run out of the parking lot of the Orchard Lake Road location. An employee would call the guys when he saw a desirable vehicle in the parking lot, and they'd come steal it while the owner was eating dinner.

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 2731
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 9:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow...those are some serious charges

I'll tell you what though...she must have some mad cash because she hired one heck of a lawyer...Thomas Cramner from Miller Canfield is the top white-collar defense guy in the mid-west.

He's currently defending Geoffry Fieger on those campaign finance charges and he just won a "not guilty" verdict for Richard Convertino (his co-defendant, actually), the former Assitant US Attorney who was accused of withholding evidence in a terrorism trial

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 10898
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 10:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Buddy, I'm still chewing on this one.

This is probably the tip of the iceberg with informants and translators in our new world disorder...and immigration gamespeople. My guess is that this woman is not the only bad apple we've added to our basket since this administration started their conquests.

I would suspect that the one year background check is only as good as those answering for you. If every neighbor and relative contacted kept to the same little white lies, heck even a paranoid megalomaniacal flaming transvestite could probably become gainfully employed by the FBI.

He might even become its most feared leader.

Oh shit, that was the fifties, sorry, forgot.

Background checks eliminate those who make mistakes, do you want your Top Secret information ONLY handled by those whose mere human foibles haven't been discovered and passed around yet?!

Cheers, I'll try to get some opinion on this daring and clever woman and her foggy associates after talking with my friends in neighborhood.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 10901
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 11:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She remained employed in FBI then CIA capabilities for four years, most after it was known that she was in cahoots with Hizbollah.

That speaks of convenient reverse mole, or double agent tracking...some within our government were probably responsible for learning every and anyone she contacted while working for us all that time.

She was probably used without her knowledge to ferret out deeper contacts, and revealed/sentenced when her contacts HERE dried up...when Cahine really flew the coup.

They are probably using her and her sister to entice Cahine back to some country where we can extradite him.

Debbie Schlussel has a great deal of information on this family. It is sounding more and more like a Mafioso epic every day.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.