Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Detroit housing sales increase 26% « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Artistic
Username: Artistic

Post Number: 60
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 7:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Home sales rise
November 13, 2007

Sales of homes and condominiums rose slightly in October for southeast Michigan. In October, 4,452 units were sold, a 0.4% increase over October 2006 sales of 4,436, according to Farmington Hills-based Realcomp. Sales in the city of Detroit rose 26% to 792, up from 628 in October 2006, while sales in Livingston, Macomb and Oakland counties fell 7.1%, 1.8% and 2.8%, respectively. In Wayne County, sales rose 12.5% to 1,703. Regional sales have increased in seven of the past 10 months.

Good news for the city

Buddyinrichmond
Username: Buddyinrichmond

Post Number: 246
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 7:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Too bad it was mostly properties sold at foreclosure auctions.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 3591
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 7:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, that's a good opportunity for investors and people looking for their first home.

Terryh
Username: Terryh

Post Number: 555
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 7:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually I am seriously considering an investment opportunity in Detroit, preferably in the Northend area. I am interested in purchasing a strorefront- I live above the store and rent the retail space; or a a duplex property in which I live on one side and rent the other half to a tenant. Any suggestions on a good site to find listings of storefront and duplex type properties?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.