Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Carl's Chophouse « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jerrytimes
Username: Jerrytimes

Post Number: 70
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2007 - 11:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone have any sites that show any photos of any old restaurants in Detroit? I went to Carl's Chophouse a few months ago and loved the atmosphere. I felt like I walked into the 60's.

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 872
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great pics here, including Chin Tiki
http://waterwinterwonderland.c om/restaurants.asp

Downtownguy
Username: Downtownguy

Post Number: 93
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 6:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Carl's is like a museum. It's great!

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 2774
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 6:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good idea - I am taking the wife there this weekend. I was trying to think of a place

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 706
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 6:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone know if Carl's serves any pastas or vegetarian dishes? I'd love a good steak from there, and I know my girlfriend would love the atmosphere, but she is a vegetarian..... Thanks!

Supergay
Username: Supergay

Post Number: 110
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 6:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Carl's WAS like a museum ... have you seen what they've done to the bar area? Added poker tables and crappy lighting to "hip" it up for the young crowd, apparently?

That and the giant screen tv in the DINING room really kill a lot of the retro charm for me, personally.

Cmubryan
Username: Cmubryan

Post Number: 477
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 7:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My girlfriend and I have a tradition of going there every NYE. Really helps kick the night off in a magical way.

Pffft
Username: Pffft

Post Number: 1410
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 8:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I didn't notice the TV in the dining room ...it still is very retro. I have to say, the food was excellent. Not sure how many are eating there...but whoever's cooking is first rate.

Craig
Username: Craig

Post Number: 438
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 9:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jerry - glad that you enjoyed the atmosphere, but how was your steak? I was not at all impressed with my recent meal - seemed as though a bunch of kids were in the kitchen playing chef.

Jerrytimes
Username: Jerrytimes

Post Number: 72
Posted on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 7:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My steak was fantastic. My fiance and I both loved it.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.