Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Question about land ownership « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Plymouthres
Username: Plymouthres

Post Number: 253
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 10:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know that there are good number of folks on this forum who have the amazing ability to find out even the most hidden information on property ownership and who is responsible for said property and it's upkeep. Therefore, I am asking for your help.

Many of you know that I volunteer my time at Fort Wayne and that we are trying to restore the Fort and it's many buildings. We are doing our best to restore and rebuild the Fort, but the area surrounding the entrance to the Fort is a bit of a problem for us in that is is a run-down, trash filled eyesore. It is also very intimidating to even the most hard core inner city enthusiast.

My question regarding property ownership has to do with the approach from Fort Street to Jefferson along Livernois. Could anyone please tell me who owns the property located along the entire east side of the street, starting at Fort and going south to South Street? I would like to find out so that we can start a petition/e-mail bombardment of the owner's business until they clean it up!!

If no one has seen this area, they would understand immediately upon seeing this why we want to start this "drive". Perhaps by getting the company that owns it to clean it up, we would encourage other area businesses to do their share, too.

Either way, we are ready to roll..........

Thanks in advance!

Nainrouge
Username: Nainrouge

Post Number: 324
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You are looking for the property owners for the strip between Livernois and Dragoon, from Fort to South Street, correct?

Rsa
Username: Rsa

Post Number: 1331
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

plymouthres: you can find all that information online. go to this site: https://is.bsasoftware.com/bsa .is/AssessingServices/ServiceA ssessingSearch.aspx?i=1&appid= 0&unit=155 type in a range of addresses and it will list the owners of specific parcels by parcel number and specific address. good luck in your endeavors.

Nainrouge
Username: Nainrouge

Post Number: 325
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here are the owners:

111 S Livernois - C&O Railroad
121 S. Livernois - Consolidated Railroad
131 S. Livernois - Mich-I-Tenn Equipment Co.
303 S. Livernois - Detroit Water Dept.
409 S. Livernois - Detroit Edison
437 S. Livernois - AOH Church of God
6201 Hussar - S&L Warehousing
6257 Fort - Unknown

This could be dated information, so use with care.

Novine
Username: Novine

Post Number: 238
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 2:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

C&O Railroad would be CSX these days. Consolidated Railroad would be Conrail, which no longer in existence. I would guess the current owner is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C onrail_Shared_Assets_Operation s

Plymouthres
Username: Plymouthres

Post Number: 254
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 10:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All-

This info is a good start-I should be able to hunt it down from here. I was told that the property was owned by GM, so NainRouge appears to have refuted that and nailed it for me. I cannot express how much I appreciate your responses.

I will post my endeavour in an upcoming thread.

Thanks again!

Clarie
Username: Clarie

Post Number: 23
Posted on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 12:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is the city going to do with all the foreclosed and abandoned houses.

It is horrible.

Gsgeorge
Username: Gsgeorge

Post Number: 333
Posted on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 1:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

plymouthres, I have some questions about the Fort--can you e-mail me ASAP at gsgeorge AT umich DOT edu ???

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.