Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Detroit trash « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jerrytimes
Username: Jerrytimes

Post Number: 64
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 9:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I really wish the city would start doing something about people leaving trash and disregarded items on their property in Detroit and some of the bordering suburbs. They should start ticketing these people relentlessly untill they clean up their property. Start wish a warning, after a week give a small fine and go from there. It disgusts me how people take care of their property nowdays.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 2001
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 9:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is possible that some of the items left there may not be the property owner's. Also, it is possible that the property for example could be city owned. The city would not of course fine itself. I'm not making excuses; just being the devil's advocate.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 3499
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 9:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe I'm overreacting, but it just pisses me off so much when I see litter on the ground. My neighborhood is really pretty clean, but when I see an empty dairy queen cup or something on the ground, I'm just baffled at the selfish egocentric behavior of some people, to throw their trash on the sidewalk or someone's front lawn, because they don't feel like carrying it or throwing it out. Or people throwing their McDonald's bag out the car window. Are you serious? The entire world is your garbage can? Somebody will come along and pick that up for you?

Fareastsider
Username: Fareastsider

Post Number: 680
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2007 - 7:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The amount of litter in ANY given area of Detroit is unbelievable. I have never seen any place with the same amount of litter blowing around in many Detroit neighborhoods. Many vacated Alleys have become dumping grounds, people literally tossing their trash in the unused overgrown alleys. Litter is one of Detroits biggest problems. It perpetuates the careless culture of the city.

Miesfan
Username: Miesfan

Post Number: 37
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2007 - 8:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a super idea. Amazing no one has come up with this before. Jerrytimes is right the city should do something about this. Maybe they could create a special program, let's call it a blight court, to deal with the problem.

Dds
Username: Dds

Post Number: 466
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2007 - 8:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If people started cleaning up after themselves, what would Roger Penske have to do?

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 939
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2007 - 8:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^ Good point, same with Woodsy.

http://video.google.com/videop lay?docid=8215461297364380778& q=woodsy+the+owl&total=12&star t=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&pl index=6

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.