Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Noel Night December 1st « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Mdoyle
Username: Mdoyle

Post Number: 240
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 2:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Forget the Winter Blast, Noel Night is where it's at. I went for the first time last year and had a blast. It was amazingly busy with all of the museums jam packed. A full list of events is available at:

http://www.detroitmidtown.com/ 05/noelnight.php

Of course for addition holiday cheer I'll be attending the tree lighting at Campus Martius on November 16th and possibly the Thanksgiving Day Parade. The holidays in Detroit are amazing.

Zulu_warrior
Username: Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 3242
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 2:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Caroling, caroling now we go
Christmas bells are ringing
Caroling, caroling through the snow
Joyous voices sweet and clear
Sing the sad of heart to cheer
Ding, dong, ding, dong,

Caroling, caroling through the town
Caroling, caroling up and down
Mark ye well the song we sing
Gladsome tidings now we bring
Ding, dong, ding, dong,

Caroling, caroling near and far
Following, following yonder star
All across the land they chime
Heralding this happy time
Ding, dong, ding, dong,

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 6385
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 2:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It truly is one of the coolest events in ALL of Detroit. IMO it still doesn't get the publicity that it really deserves. It's one of the best nights for family & friends to come out to.

Mdoyle
Username: Mdoyle

Post Number: 241
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 2:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree smogboy, I posted it here for exactly that reason. I figure most forumers already know about Noel Night, but it took me 4 years of going to WSU before I knew about it. Same with the tree lighting really. The Thanksgiving Day Parade steals all of the publicity.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 6388
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 3:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

First time I stumbled onto Noel Night was by accident as well. It turned into one of those George Bailey "It's a Wonderful Life" moments for me. I've been hooked ever since. It truly is one of the coolest nights in this entire area. It's almost inconceivable that one can't get into the holiday spirit by attending Noel Night.

Imperfectly
Username: Imperfectly

Post Number: 257
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 6:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Everyone should come out, not only to see the Deep River Choir sing, which I am a part of, but my salon will also be the only salon with a booth there
Hope to see many faces !

Dhugger
Username: Dhugger

Post Number: 226
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 7:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yep I've been going for over 20 years. Now that I am an adult (instead of the self absorbed student) I bring my parents down too.

Rocket_city
Username: Rocket_city

Post Number: 461
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 9:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Noel Night is one of my favorite celebrations in the city. Pet the camels. :-)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.