Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » DPD Rollover at Warren and Woodward Last Week? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

B_in_the_d
Username: B_in_the_d

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, November 05, 2007 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Was driving home from Rite Aid last Monday and came upon a rolled over DPD squad car at the SE Warren and Woodward.

Numerous (at least 10) squad cars were descending on the scene and more were on the way (we saw them headed that way all the way home).

2 questions:

1. Does anybody know the what happened here?

2. Why is it that a rolled police car gets a whole precinct to respond, but a rollover collision in my neighborhood (slow down people!) that occurred at 1:15am get's a brief stop by detective (who immediately left when they discovered no major injuries) and a 2 1/2 hour wait for a tow truck?

Just curious.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 444
Posted on Monday, November 05, 2007 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The DPD are special and the citizens of Detroit are just in their crap pots?

Mrjoshua
Username: Mrjoshua

Post Number: 1487
Posted on Monday, November 05, 2007 - 11:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was watching this from my window. The DPD is frequently roaring down Woodward at speeds in excess of 90mph, so I assume it was a chase gone bad.

Gsgeorge
Username: Gsgeorge

Post Number: 308
Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 - 12:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah I saw tons of cops heading down the Lodge. Counted at least 8 cars speeding in the southbound lanes.

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1281
Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 - 1:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

....and what were all the cops gonna do? All get out and roll the car over? I'd rather see the rescue unit come out from DFD.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.