Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Indoor photo locations (Saturday) « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Adamjab19
Username: Adamjab19

Post Number: 812
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 8:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My wedding is November 10th and we are going downtown to take pictures in the afternoon. We are planning to do our "first meet up" outside of Compuware then go to Comerica Park, Fox Theater....but if it rains where do we go for indoor photos? Is Compuware lobby open during Saturday? Is the Gaurdian Building open? Maybe the RenCen winter garden? Any other indoor photo ideas.

Thanks!

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 394
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 8:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Personally, I think a trip to MGM would be nice and taking photos around their building would be nice. I know traditionally many honeymoons end up in Las Vegas.

Although, I can 100% guarantee you the weather will be nice for Saturday (despite a bit of a chill). Then, I think the best spot for photos would be Belle Isle, along the riverwalk, or Hart Plaza by the fountain.

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1270
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 8:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wintergarden, Guardian, Compuware, are all cool and open on Saturday. I would check out the Charles H. Wright as well.

Bibs
Username: Bibs

Post Number: 711
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 9:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The DIA would be a great place for photographs but admission would be required for interior shots.
The Belle Isle conservatory is open on Saturday. I'm don't think the poinsettia display has been set up in the show house.
Oh,oh! How about the Whitney restaurant! Interior shots would be really cool and you could have a drink.
Here are some other suggestions: Gem Theater, Detroit Club, Fox Theater lobby or Detroit Athletic Club (Private Club).

Dan
Username: Dan

Post Number: 1454
Posted on Friday, November 02, 2007 - 2:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DIA is closed till the 23.

Renfirst
Username: Renfirst

Post Number: 87
Posted on Friday, November 02, 2007 - 6:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Adam,

I know for a fact that Gaurdian is open on Saturday. Stopped by this week and spoke to the info desk because I've got some family coming in for the weekend...

Maybe I'll see you there. Wishing you the best on your wedding day :-)

Norwalk
Username: Norwalk

Post Number: 134
Posted on Friday, November 02, 2007 - 11:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It funny how many wedding pictures I have seen latley where that happy couple has come downtown for pictures. It seems strange as most of the couples were raised in the far reaching suburbs.
Is it the "nice place to visit but I wouldnt want to live there" mentality? I'm sorry I just dont get it.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 6766
Posted on Friday, November 02, 2007 - 12:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

The Belle Isle conservatory is open on Saturday. I'm don't think the poinsettia display has been set up in the show house.
Oh,oh! How about the Whitney restaurant! Interior shots would be really cool and you could have a drink.
Here are some other suggestions: Gem Theater, Detroit Club, Fox Theater lobby or Detroit Athletic Club (Private Club).

Note, all of those places require prior arrangements.

Adamjab19
Username: Adamjab19

Post Number: 813
Posted on Friday, November 02, 2007 - 1:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Norwalk:
Raised in Utica.

Proposed in front of Compuware then went to Small Plates, then a Red Wings Game a year ago...

We go to many Tiger's games through out the year plus just general hanging around downtown and going to the Market, theater, etc....

Pictures downtown seems perfect to me! It's where we spend most of our "fun" time...

Thanks for the information and suggestions everyone!

If you see a limo bus with Heather and Adam written on the side that's us!

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2561
Posted on Friday, November 02, 2007 - 1:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Adam,

Best wishes to you and Heather!

Seems like the Tiger at Comerica Park would make a perfect backdrop for a couple of photos.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1941
Posted on Saturday, November 03, 2007 - 11:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What about the Main Library on Woodward? Might be a nice spot for a classical background considering that one can't get into the DIA these days.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.