Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Service tax may be repealed before it even gets started? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 436
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 9:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20071101/P OLITICS/711010382

Interesting that when Patterson gets a petition drive together moves people into action - apparently the spook of "Kill The SBT Part Deux" is enough to get the ball rolling on this discussion.

I personally think the sales tax is unfair - either do it, or don't. This poorly-written gerrymandering of taxes on business sectors that don't have lobbyists is BS - and the reality of the matter is is that once new taxes start, they don't stop.

Perfectgentleman
Username: Perfectgentleman

Post Number: 4619
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 10:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good job from Brooks, this tax is a horrible idea.

Novine
Username: Novine

Post Number: 221
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 11:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here we go again. Republicans talk about cutting our way out of the budget mess but none of them can put together a list that any of them will vote to support. If business doesn't like the service tax, they should offer to forego all of their deductions and credits on the current taxes. Then they can get a flatter and lower tax rate. But I bet they won't be willing to do that.

Mcp001
Username: Mcp001

Post Number: 3057
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 3:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like how they left the rest of us out to dry with this BS income tax hike?

FYI, guess how much money this income tax brings in?

FYI pt2, guess how much spending went up in this year's budget over last's?

FYI pt3, guess which branch of government padded their budget own this year?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.