Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Salute to the Detroit Fire Department « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 3023
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 1:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Haven't seen this mentioned or posted yet ~
Salute to the Detroit Fire Department

this guy's other video documents the restoration of a 1937 rig being restored to serve as a memorial rig, restoration funded totally by donations
Fallen Firefighter Memorial Rig
Top of pageBottom of page

Markopolo
Username: Markopolo

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 8:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All firefighters are a special breed of men and women, a breed apart from the rest of us. While we run terrified from blazing structures they run into them to put the fires out. And it is not about the money because there is not enough for what they do. I had the privilege of working with Detroit’s fire-eaters during the 1967 riot and as a member of the Michigan National Guard went through a training day with them in 1968 at the fire academy. It was one of the most difficult physical challenges I have ever had. I have nothing but the sincerest respect for the members of the Detroit Fire Department, bless them all.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.