Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Quarterly Housing Market Report-Detroit only market with "very weak" job market « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rooms222
Username: Rooms222

Post Number: 62
Posted on Thursday, October 25, 2007 - 1:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Wall Street Journal periodically runs two different housing market reports. In one, Detroit is not included in the 20 markets covered. In the Wall Street Journal Quarterly (internally generated) report, Detroit is one of the 28 covered. I have been watching these when they are published for at least the last 24 months.

The four factors reviewed are: Change in Houses Listed for Sale, Price Change, Employment Outlook and Loan Payments Overdue. The shocking thing to me for this area is that in EVERY report since I started reading it, Detroit has been the only metro with a "very weak" job market, and Detroit has had this distinction, every single report. This is killing the area, quarter after quarter, year after year for seven years now, or so....

Las Vegas has a higher delinquency rate (among others). Most metros had a higher increase in listings. We have a horrible declining job market as well as the biggest drop in prices (almost 10% since last year)........

http://online.wsj.com/article/ SB119326355265670448.html?mod= hpp_us_whats_news

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.