Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Spirit of Hope Church in Corktown « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 1517
Posted on Monday, October 22, 2007 - 11:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey guys I meant to do this a while ago.

The old Trinity Church on Trumble and MLK is now "Spirit of Hope." My friend is the reverend there, and it's a great church.

They've got some cool historical photos on the site here too: http://spiritofhopedetroit.org /history.html

I'm not a religious guy, so I can't speak from relevant experience...but the church seems to have a really good following that's very open and accepting...nice to see.

Alright...talk amongst yourselves...I'm verklempt.

Pmb
Username: Pmb

Post Number: 20
Posted on Tuesday, October 23, 2007 - 10:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Quinn,
Yeah, I've been there and they are a great place. Full of life and lots of neighborhood outreach. But I am biased because I go there!

Check out the webpage done by a great local webmaster!

Penelopetheduck
Username: Penelopetheduck

Post Number: 22
Posted on Monday, October 29, 2007 - 8:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

some of my students came and volunteer at Spirit of Hope a few weeks ago and we're coming back near thanksgiving. My students had a wonderful time and spoke really fondly of the reception they received by the regular volunteers at the church.
(plus they accomodated us at the last minute)

Jenniferl
Username: Jenniferl

Post Number: 404
Posted on Monday, October 29, 2007 - 11:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll have to check it out someday.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.