Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Fire Near Midtown? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sciencefair
Username: Sciencefair

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, October 22, 2007 - 4:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone know the origins of the plumes of black smoke near MLK and the Lodge on Saturday afternoon?

We could see it from Park Ave. downtown around 4pm but never saw anything on the news about it.

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1848
Posted on Monday, October 22, 2007 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

mlk + the lodge + fire can only mean one thing.

scrappers ho!

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1384
Posted on Monday, October 22, 2007 - 4:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't see any smoke from my perch. There have been a number of fires in the old low-rise projects near that intersection recently.

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 5231
Posted on Monday, October 22, 2007 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I rode by there on the bus about a month ago when the first huge fire was raging through the area. I was able to see the smoke rising from Grand River and Woodward. When we rolled by the scene (on the Tireman bus), an entire row of units was engulfed in orange flames...

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1240
Posted on Monday, October 22, 2007 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I drove through there last Wednesday and what a site. Man it's like they are trying to burn every unit down before the bulldozers can knock em down.

It was really depressing to say the least.

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 3579
Posted on Monday, October 22, 2007 - 4:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is this the same fire: Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Fire?

Sciencefair
Username: Sciencefair

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, October 22, 2007 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks like the same area, must be a daily occurence now.

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1849
Posted on Monday, October 22, 2007 - 4:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

speaking of which

http://www.detroitfunk.com/200 7/10/the_wasteland_1.html

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.