Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » St. Rita Parish « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1221
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 4:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I live around the corner from St. Rita Parish (State Fair and Russell area) and they have finished the boarding up process. I hope they sealed it up nice and tight or you know what comes next....

I will try and get some pics.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 479
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 8:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any copper in there?

Granmontrules
Username: Granmontrules

Post Number: 219
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 9:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hahaha I just finished saying how you have nothing positive to say. And here you are again. Something negative Paulmccall. Are you so unhappy in your sided house in Livonia?

Pussygirl313
Username: Pussygirl313

Post Number: 41
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 9:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I grew up on Hawthorne and State Fair.
Went to St. Rita's for church and school.
It is a beautiful church. That was in the late 70's early 80's

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1229
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was still a nice church until they decided to close it down.

Drifterlee
Username: Drifterlee

Post Number: 9
Posted on Sunday, October 21, 2007 - 1:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I grew up on Riopelle and went to St. Ritas through 9th grade when I told my parents I would kill myself if they didn't let me go to Pershing, LOL!

Carptrash
Username: Carptrash

Post Number: 1468
Posted on Sunday, October 21, 2007 - 10:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is this the St Rita that is under discussion? If so, she is a Parducci. If not . . .........? eeeeeek

(Message edited by carptrash on October 21, 2007)

Carptrash
Username: Carptrash

Post Number: 1469
Posted on Sunday, October 21, 2007 - 10:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

try a better picture. eek

statue of St Rita

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 458
Posted on Monday, October 22, 2007 - 12:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

exodus, movement of the people ya

Drifterlee
Username: Drifterlee

Post Number: 14
Posted on Monday, October 22, 2007 - 1:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's it! Right on the front of the church. Is the church closed, too?

Steamaker
Username: Steamaker

Post Number: 25
Posted on Monday, October 22, 2007 - 4:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I worked at St Rita's parish. I was a custodian and a boiler operator there. The people there were some of the nicest people. The school was a school for the handicapped in the early 80's. It's a shame that it had to close.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.