Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Wayne County may buy Wayne County building « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 2472
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 9:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Glad to hear that the commission didn't want to abandon it...

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/a pps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/2007 1018/REG/71018009/1018/-/-/cou nty-may-buy-old-wayne-county-b uilding

Detroitbill
Username: Detroitbill

Post Number: 350
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 9:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Glad about that also, its a great building. I am also glad it sounds like they wont be going ahead with the Guardian Building purchase. I think the building would have been not maintained the way it is presently by the Sterling Group. I think the Guardian is in better hands with private ownership.

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 2474
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 9:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I am also glad it sounds like they wont be going ahead with the Guardian Building purchase. I think the building would have been not maintained the way it is presently by the Sterling Group. I think the Guardian is in better hands with private ownership."

I'm not sure where you got that from. The plans to buy the Guardian haven't changed.

The article says that the bond issue for the Guardian building was going to be voted down unless the County purchased the Wayne County building, so Ficano restructured the bond issue proposal to include the County building .

So it sounds like they are still buying the Guardian, the little building next to it, the parking garage, and they're now adding the Wayne County building to their shipping spree..

Susanarosa
Username: Susanarosa

Post Number: 1730
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 9:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The purchase agreement for the Guardian has already been approved.

Don't some of you folks ever read the articles you are commenting about?

(Message edited by susanarosa on October 19, 2007)

Detroitbill
Username: Detroitbill

Post Number: 352
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 9:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry Susan, but you did not read my post properly..I did not say I was refering to the article at any time,, you said that.
I was going from what an external county official ( neighbor) had mentioned to me that it was most likely going to be one building or the other..If that is incorrect my error. It is not a situation of not being able to read an article. Thanks Jesus also btw.

Susanarosa

Post Number: 1731
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 10:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I still can't figure out what an "external" county official is...

Seriously, just stop and read the facts instead of listening to the rumors.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 10549
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 10:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Don't some of you folks ever read the articles you are commenting about?

Ain't no fun in that.

Susanarosa

Post Number: 1732
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 10:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Ain't no fun in that.

True, without rumors we wouldn't have ended up with 1044 post Quicken thread...

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 10550
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 10:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know why there needs to be so many. I have it on good record that Quicken will move to Boston.

Dds
Username: Dds

Post Number: 409
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 10:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BLASHPHEMY! Ban that ingrate to the kiddie pool!

Cgunn
Username: Cgunn

Post Number: 125
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 12:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wayne County delays Guardian building purchase

....If an agreement is reached, Sledge said the county intends to use both facilities. One option could include using the Old Wayne County Building as a one-stop service facility for residents and the Guardian Building for executive offices. But nothing is finalized.

Tkelly1986
Username: Tkelly1986

Post Number: 424
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 1:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would rather Wayne County buy the MCS and renovate that for a new City/County building. They could locate many of the offices that are spread throughout the county and even the police station there. Oh wait, that would take money, which they do not have (still, it would be ideal).

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.