Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Oslo Reopening? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Bigd
Username: Bigd

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 11:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I live across the street from Oslo on Woodward, and noticed signs in the window saying that it is reopening soon. My girlfriend noticed some activity in there the other day. We had heard about Oslo before we moved here, and were disappointed to find it was closed when we moved in. Anyone have the scoop?

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 2565
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 11:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is a thread already called Oslo

Bobj

Post Number: 2566
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry, welcome to D Yes!!

Zxzm
Username: Zxzm

Post Number: 7
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 11:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I drove by today and there were lights on and people inside.

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 3554
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 11:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The other Oslo thread

Deandub11
Username: Deandub11

Post Number: 163
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 11:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where did you move from?

Bigd

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 11:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry about missing the other thread. A function of being a first time poster....my bad.

Bigd

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 11:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We moved here from Ann Arbor. I work at a law firm in the suburbs and my girlfriend works in Ferndale. We wanted to be downtown and be a part of the momentum that is happening down here.

Buddyinrichmond
Username: Buddyinrichmond

Post Number: 241
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 8:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hold on tight!

Gthomas
Username: Gthomas

Post Number: 82
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

welcome BIGD!.Me and my partner will be movin around the corner in some lofts in Capitol Park soon with our cafe soon behind us. Im from Detroit but lives in Oklahoma now and my partner is from Chicago and we love 'Downtown' and willing to invest in it.

Downtown_remix
Username: Downtown_remix

Post Number: 516
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

welcome to detroit yaw! OSLO was super hot, sushi an trip hop trance lounge. they closed because of drama in-house, but now re-opening as an asian restaurant that has serves sushi.I live in Harmony Park and you will love being apart of Detroits comeback.

Hey by the way come check out our stage adaptation of "ONE FLEW OVER THE COO COOS NEST"@ THE NEW YMCA THEATER RUNNING TILL NOV 13TH

Gthomas
Username: Gthomas

Post Number: 83
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Im glad and cant wait til I move into my new loft and start my Jazz cafe off that wiil be on the ground floor of the loft im livin in. We will have live Jazz every night til 3am. Hopefully to be open by Febuary 2008. Come check me out

Bobj

Post Number: 2597
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 4:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where is this going to be?

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 10799
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 5:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Remix,

Why didn't you start a thread on that in Connections? There are more than a few of us smalltime theater lovers here...

Cheers!

Gthomas,

Any help you need with the audio and video support, you've got some heavy duty people on the forum that can help you out. Web development, too, right Stylin'?!

Cheers!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.