Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Research Lofts on Trumbull Avenue - Open House Thurs, Oct 18, 5-8 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Developer
Username: Developer

Post Number: 13
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 10:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello to all,

I wanted to personally invite anyone interested in viewing the Research Lofts on Trumbull Ave. during our Open House this Thursday evening from 5-8.

Come check out what Historic Loft Living is all about.

"Cocktails served cold"

If you get a chance, please email me and tell me what time you may show upso I can plan accordingly?

Respectfully,

Chadd
Research Lofts on Trumbull Avenue - "Detroit's Premier Historic Lofts" "Just Completed"
www.ResearchLofts.com

Irish_mafia
Username: Irish_mafia

Post Number: 1072
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks great Developer.

Given the thread about 1001 Woodward...please market aggressively so that we can talk about how quickly you sold out these attractive units!

Best of luck.

Islandman
Username: Islandman

Post Number: 1017
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 1:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chadd,

Great to hear the project is finished!

Met you at the Cigar Building last year with Brandon. The guy taking pictures.

Good luck with the open house. These units look great!

Vas
Username: Vas

Post Number: 829
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 1:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is a forum, not a place for advertisements.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1833
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 1:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"This is a forum, not a place for advertisements."

Since when are we not allowed to talk about the marketing of new developments and receive word on the completion of projects?

Greenskye
Username: Greenskye

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My cousin just bought one of these. I must say that I am jealous.

Billk
Username: Billk

Post Number: 137
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I toured this place around 3 years ago when it was first announced. It would be interesting to see how they fixed it up.

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1377
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 1:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

This is a forum, not a place for advertisements

That's always been sort of a gray area on here hasn't it? I always thought that the smaller, more local and historical preservation minded projects always had more leeway than say Farbman's latest offering. It's not my decision but I have no problem with something like this as long as the developer doesn't abuse the privilege. Besides, it will be moved over to the classified ads part soon enough I would guess.

BTW, these units look great. Best of luck selling them in this market.

Vas

Post Number: 830
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is a post that IS marketing to us. Discussions on developments and openings is different. Even though we were "Personally Invited." it looks like an add to me.

I quess I should check Lowell's rules, but threads like this shouldn't be accepted in "Discuss Detroit" Better put in "Connect." in my opinion. These are forums, not a place for a thread based off a salespitch.

Downtownguy
Username: Downtownguy

Post Number: 72
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 2:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am glad to know about the open house. I'm not in the market for a new place, and so if I go, it will be because of my interest in what's going on in town.

So much of what's in the forum deals with new businesses, loft developments, gallery openings and other such things. To discourage posts like this would severely limit the dissemination of knowledge on the forum to people like me who don't often check the "Connect" section.

I see nothing wrong with the post. It's newsworthy.

Motorcitydave
Username: Motorcitydave

Post Number: 109
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 2:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree, it's 'promoting' the city if anything.

Vas

Post Number: 831
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 2:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well sure, it doesn't really make a problem. But discussing biz and pitching it is different. once you let that line be breached........thread inviting us to a used car sale this week-end. Thread inviting us to a Wayne state open house...Thread inviting us to the grand opening of the pit stop bar at Woodward and Grand circus park ect....thread inviting us to buy something else. the skys the limit

Reetz12
Username: Reetz12

Post Number: 191
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 3:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Haven't these been completed for over a year? I thought they were offering free plasma tv's or laptops with the purchase of unit?

Although they do look very nice, just not sure about the "walkable" neighborhood.

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 1510
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

This is a forum, not a place for advertisements

We'll that's up to Lowell. I personally don't have a problem with this. Looks like they're well on their way to being sold, and it's a story we'd all like to hear about. Quite frankly, I wouldn't have known about these lofts if I hadn't seen this here, and I've got a friend in the market. So if I pass that info to him, and he buys, then aren't we all happy in the end?

He's not selling furniture here.

Now if he posts this on every thread...that's annoying and a problem, for me.

Islandman
Username: Islandman

Post Number: 1022
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 4:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chadd is a guy that took an empty structure in Detroit and made it a livable space that from the pictures looks great. Where is the problem?

Yes, this can be considered advertising. We need more positive advertising of Detroit in my book. If I was still living in the city I'd give these a serious look.

Detroitbill
Username: Detroitbill

Post Number: 343
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 4:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Guess its up to Lowell but I thought this thread encourages positive things about Detroit and promotes them as well. Lots on here have no problem talking about killings, a positive development and its promotion I feel should be allowed. Like everything in a free world, if you dont like it, one probably should just skip reading it. This post is an informative one to me.

Jjw
Username: Jjw

Post Number: 477
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 6:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is it just me? I know a lot of folks don't have a problem with cement floors but I personally can't stand them, especially on a cold winter day or when doing the dishes. Just my opinion though.

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 1513
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jjw...alot of the loft conversions I've seen have heated, concrete floors. That would solve your problem if Developer has that here too.

Barnesfoto
Username: Barnesfoto

Post Number: 4311
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 7:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's not an ad...the man invited us over for free drinks in a recently renovated building that happens to have some units for sale. Detroit needs more people! Detroit needs more renovated buildings!

Polished concrete floors are the rage in Los Angeles, but the winter is considerably more gentle.

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 411
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 7:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

did he day free cold drinks? tomorrow night.
sounds like an invitation to a party and check out some new architecture. nutin' wrong with that

besides, it will get everyone to have something to compare to when discussing other lofts.

Rrl
Username: Rrl

Post Number: 915
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 8:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like that unit 218, good space w/ roof deck.

What's up with the Quonset hut? Is that a unit for sale too? That would be sweeeet.

Unfortunately out of town so can't make the open house tomorrow. Bummer.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 4243
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 8:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congratulation on completion of the project. I will have to dig out some pictures I have of the building when it was abandoned and rotting.

Thanks to those defenders of forum decorum by pointing out the admonition against advertising, but we have always cut some slack here, particularly for a project that fits perfectly with the countless discussions on restoration and reuse that we have had.

Additionally Developer has been sensitive enough not to go into a pitch or to mention prices, etc. instead inviting us to a free event. Hopefully I can swing by.

With such personal and positive small business endeavors I consider this news so the old street caveat applies, "The first bag is free".

Best wishes on the continuation of the project. I hope you have success and move on to do more developments in Detroit.

Lowell
Board Administrator

Post Number: 4245
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 9:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Addendum, in the area of restoration and reuse, be sure to check out the house Track75 did in Ferndale in the Classified ads forum.

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/65504/115266.html?119198 0047

Developer
Username: Developer

Post Number: 14
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 10:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the kind words about the Project.

This is our way to reach out to everyone here on this forum that likes to keep a pulse on what is going on in Detroit and invite you to see it personally.

So we look forward to meeting as many of you as possible. This is a nice positive redevelopment story that has been the catalyst to really transform an area in need.

We hope to see you all this evening for a drink and discussion about Detroit.

PS Lowell, I have some great before and after photos that I can also share with you. I was able to dig up some photos from the late 40's as well.

Respectfully,

Chadd

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 2549
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 10:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good luck, hope to swing by

Tkierpiec
Username: Tkierpiec

Post Number: 64
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 10:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would love to see some pictures of this building before it was restored. I live in the Universal Loft building right behind the Research Lofts and boy, do they look beautiful. Large, fenced in grassy lot, lots of parking, well lit - it's a beautiful development and I am definitely going to stop over so I can see what the inside looks like as well. :-) Why was there a fire engine there last week? Sounded like an alarm was set off. Which reminds me - hasn't there been complaints in the past about slow response from the DFP? In my building, some creep pulled the fire alarm one night just for fun and 2 fire trucks showed up extremely fast.

As an aside, I walk this neighborhood regularly - to Wayne State, New Center area - all over. I don't feel unsafe at all although there are a few blocks that I don't venture into, just common sense!

Fishtoes2000
Username: Fishtoes2000

Post Number: 332
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 3:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The weather's cooperating so I plan on being there. I'll be that "biker" guy.

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1381
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 10:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So how did it go Developer?

Fishtoes2000
Username: Fishtoes2000

Post Number: 333
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 10:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was really impressed with the quality of the lofts, the friendliness of the current owners, and the coldness of the cocktails. It's a quite a neat old building. Thanks for the invitation and tour, Developer.

Lowell
Board Administrator

Post Number: 4251
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 8:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very nice readaptation. I liked the uniqueness of each of the lofts I visited.

Based on a former nail factory, that grew in a series of additions, it contains an attractive core first factory section supported with giant wood beam framing and dating from around 1903. The collaged character of buildings gives is access paths a pleasant meandering quality.

It was a pleasure to meet Developer - bright, bursting with energy, a good pitchman with a good product in which he has his hand and vision from the start. It was nice to run into and meet Fishtoes too.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.