Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Detroit News Design « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Cgunn
Username: Cgunn

Post Number: 123
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 3:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was doing some homework and decided to check out the DetNews and I thought I had the wrong web address for a minute. The color scheme reminds me of MyFoxDetroit.com. I'm sure, just like with any new/updated version of a web page, it will take some time getting use to.

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 956
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 5:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not bad. More attractive than the Freep's latest Web site. The red is striking. The red and blue is the News' color scheme; blue and yellow is the Freep's.

Genesyxx
Username: Genesyxx

Post Number: 792
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 8:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This seems to be the trend for a lot of news websites. I do like the red though.

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 1509
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 8:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Much better! I like it alot. I do like the Freep look and feel better, but this is a huge improvement over the last site.

If I'm not mistaken, the same company is running both sites...so it's not surprising to see this finally get a new skin.

One thing I do like better: The "Jump to Index" button in the header.

Sirrealone
Username: Sirrealone

Post Number: 39
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 8:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good design. Takes too long to load. Shouldn't have to re-load the banner and menu bars every time a new page comes up. And why is becoming an increasing trend that my 'Back' button causes a re-load of the entire page? What happened to good, old, time saving caching??????

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 3097
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 9:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice, somewhat similiar to CNN. CNN is probably still a little easier to navigate. I'm on high speed so I can't vouch for the loading time. They may be trying to put a little too much information on the home page, though. Perhaps every section does not need its top story summarized with a photo, a list of headlines might do. Especially for Entertainment and Blogs and such. The real top stories at the top of the page would stay, of course.

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 1993
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 10:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"What happened to good, old, time saving caching??????"

Pages these days are often dynamically created on the fly for each page request. In this case no physical file is written to be stored in your computers browser cache.

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 285
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 10:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

me too I thought i was on the wrong site!
\nice looking tho

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.