Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Did you know what is going on at Historic Fort Wayne? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Dinnc
Username: Dinnc

Post Number: 17
Posted on Monday, October 15, 2007 - 8:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was recently visiting my family in Detroit and with the help of DetroitYes members I was able to get a tour of the Fort with my brother and father. I was impressed with the dedication of a few groups in the area who are doing their best to bring the Fort back to Life.

I was able to get a tour from a member of the Historic Fort Wayne Coalition, the projects committee, and was impressed with the work they have done and the work they are planning to do. But a lot of the dreams of these people will become reality faster if other members help out. Whether it is taking one of their classes and putting your new knowledge to use on the Fort grounds on one of their work days, or buying the "Images of America, Detroit's Historic Fort Wayne" where some of the proceeds go to preserving the fort. The Website is historicfortwaynecoalition.com .

If you Love history and Detroit you will love this. If you love history but are not a big fan of Detroit you will still love this. If you love Detroit but think history is boring, you will love this. What better way to show your love for the city than to help a great cause.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.