Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Quicken tightening, but still healthy (Detroit News) « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 1506
Posted on Monday, October 15, 2007 - 9:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For all of you saying Quicken will be bankrupt in a year or less...take a look.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20071015/B IZ/710150366&imw=Y

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 2411
Posted on Monday, October 15, 2007 - 9:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, no, no...

The Detroit News simply doesn't know what it's talking about...

Posters on this forum (who know everything) have made it very clear that Quicken is either: 1) In the best shape they've ever been in and doing more business than ever; OR 2) doing horribly and will be closing their doors and going out of business by year's end...

You see, it has to be one extreme or the other...it's simply not fathomable that Quicken could have experienced a little bit of a slow down due to conditions in the industry and is revamping its strategy to reflect these industry changes while still doing fine overall...

Silly Detroit News ::shakes head::

(Message edited by thejesus on October 15, 2007)

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 1870
Posted on Monday, October 15, 2007 - 10:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Detroit News simply doesn't know what it's talking about...

That would be a first...

Wazootyman
Username: Wazootyman

Post Number: 262
Posted on Monday, October 15, 2007 - 10:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wouldn't claim to know everything by saying so, but I can state that as I frequently see multiple people who work for the company, the layoffs are at least five times the number cited in that article, and many have quit simply due to the harsh conditions of the market and unrealistic expectations of the company. Can't sell any loans? Tough, the quotas are still high and you're 'encouraged' to work 12 hour days.

They won't be bankrupt best I can tell, but things aren't nearly as rosy as that PR piece in the paper would have you think. Quicken is all about maintaining its 'best places to work for' image to those on the outside.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.