Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Can't we all just get along? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Pythonmaster
Username: Pythonmaster

Post Number: 117
Posted on Monday, October 15, 2007 - 7:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

With so few options in the area, it's too bad that these two have to go at it.
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20071015/M ETRO/710150364

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 907
Posted on Monday, October 15, 2007 - 8:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've never been to either one, but I have driven by that area more than a few times. Where is the main entrance to MCBW? If they don't have access to the lot will it effectively close the place down?

It would have been nice to have a photo of the area in question in the article, but I guess having the three chicks walking on the sidewalk was more important.

Wsugradguy
Username: Wsugradguy

Post Number: 42
Posted on Monday, October 15, 2007 - 8:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The photo is of the area in question. The three women are walking in front of the disputed parking lot, and Traffic Jam and Snug is the restaurant across the street from them.

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1195
Posted on Monday, October 15, 2007 - 9:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fuck 'em... you can't use someone else's lot. I think the lot owners should follow the other one's home and park in their driveway to prove a point.

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1371
Posted on Monday, October 15, 2007 - 9:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

First discussed many moons ago here:

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/91697/90138.html

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 2413
Posted on Monday, October 15, 2007 - 10:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Vizion:

It's not that simple...the Brewery is saying that it purchased the rights to use the lot back in 1999...

BUT!

Even if they didn't, they could still claim what's known as a prescriptive easement, which is where you get the right to use a piece of land for a particular purpose simply because you have continuously used it for that purpose for a certain amount of time (I believe the statutory period is 15 years in MI), even if its against the will of the true owner

I don't know how long that brewery has been there for or how long they have used the parking lot though..

(Message edited by thejesus on October 15, 2007)

The_ed
Username: The_ed

Post Number: 56
Posted on Monday, October 15, 2007 - 1:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As long as there's no restricted parking it shouldn't matter. When folks park there where do they go? To Traffic Jam or the Brewery? Does it really matter, as long as parking is available?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.