Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Best Hometown? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 2938
Posted on Sunday, October 14, 2007 - 1:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ellen DeGeneres feature on her show (which I rarely get to see, but hey)

with a concerted effort might we be able to get her here for a DetroitYes guided hometown tour of the good things about Detroit? Note that most of the photos already submitted are actually from metro and even Mackinac! - no Detroit bashing evident...

http://ellen.aol.com/?Intro=Sh ow

Michigan cities

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1820
Posted on Sunday, October 14, 2007 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sounds intriguing. Detroit's image isn't going to improve necessarily by itself or get a boost from the PR department that doesn't exist.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 2939
Posted on Sunday, October 14, 2007 - 2:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

photos can be uploaded by anyone but it doesn't say what the size restraints are

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1821
Posted on Sunday, October 14, 2007 - 2:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just uploaded one of Eastern Market. Seems like the best sort of photos are ones of people interacting on the small scale (as opposed to simply submitting one of the Detroit skyline from the river). Might see if I can't do some more good ones of like Campus Martius, Hart Plaza, and maybe some of the parades that go through the city.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.