Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Transportation « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Expatriot
Username: Expatriot

Post Number: 16
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 6:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A couple of years ago I was able to get a regular city bus from Metro airport to downtown, but I wonder if it was discontinued since they opened the new terminal. I can't find it on any of the bus web sites. Is the only public transportation from the airport these days a $50 taxi ride?

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 227
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 7:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No. There's the Smart Routes (I believe Fort St. goes to Metro) and other smaller Shuttles.

Neilr
Username: Neilr

Post Number: 595
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Commuter Express used to have shuttle busses from various hotels/motels to and from Metro, IIRC for downtown it was $15 each way; but they have not done this in a number of years.

Karl_jr
Username: Karl_jr

Post Number: 132
Posted on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 8:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ddot has never gone to metro.

Professorscott
Username: Professorscott

Post Number: 873
Posted on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 12:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SMART goes to Metro and has for a long time. Go to www.smartbus.org for details. SMART route 125 leaves from downtown every half hour on weekdays, and alternating trips serve the McNamara and Smith terminals. Of course, you can go to either terminal and take the free airport shuttle to the other.

Hudkina
Username: Hudkina

Post Number: 64
Posted on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 11:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The SMART bus stop is at the international arrivals level of the McNamara Terminal. It more or less runs every hour until around midnight.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.