Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Teacher accused of racial remarks was put on leave « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 5049
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 5:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20071011/NEW S04/71011073/1001/NEWS

October 11, 2007

By STEVE NEAVLING

FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

A Mt. Clemens middle school teacher accused of making an inappropriate comment about white people received three days of unpaid leave, records received by the Free Press on Thursday show.

The school district had declined to specify the discipline against physical education teacher Eileen Chapman, but records obtained under the Freedom of Information Act show she was placed on leave from Oct. 1 to Oct. 3.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 1440
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 5:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When did DetroitYes turn into a news outlet?

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 1503
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 5:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When the newspapers turned into lifestyle and entertainment information outlets?

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 225
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ravine, have you been under a rock? Check out Non-Detroit Issues and other threads on this board and you'll see. Besides, this is something to discuss about Detroit. News can involve issues about Detroit as well.

Ravine

Post Number: 1441
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Usually, the news item is accompanied by some commentary from the person who posted it. Posting only the news item seems a bit like dropping a rock into some water just to stand back and watch the ripples.

Detroitrise

Post Number: 226
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 5:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ravin, this one doesn't have commentary from the poster and the news article is pretty self-explanatory to me. As a matter of fact, most of the threads with articles are either self-explanatory or have a quote to point out the part of the article that the member wants to discuss.

Ravine

Post Number: 1442
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually, maybe the fact that Craigd does exactly this same thing, all the time, is why I'm starting to find it to be really tiresome.
Since absolutely no one deserves to be seen in the same low-wattage, bare-bulb light as Craigd, I retract my gripe.

Oakmangirl
Username: Oakmangirl

Post Number: 520
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 6:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually, maybe the fact that Craigd does exactly this same thing, all the time...

Who's Craigd and where's your article link to make your point?

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 5506
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 6:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ravine, I kinda feel the way you do. I find it good etiquette to post some personal comments about an article one finds, and not just lob it out there for others to discuss (as is often the case in Non-Detroit Issues).

But Patrick is doing the same thing as many many other posters, so he can't be faulted for following the general concensus.

It's like on Saturday Night Live... the Jewish talkshow skit with Linda Richmann... "I'll give you a topic... discuss!".

Ravine

Post Number: 1443
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 6:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you don't know who Craigd is, count your blessings and don't worry about it.
I don't want to get into saying who he is. I stirred up enough trouble while "describing" Papa.

Oakmangirl

Post Number: 521
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 6:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^Didn't mean to put you on the spot. I'm going to pick up my mat now and turn on the Weather Channel.

Detroitsuperfly
Username: Detroitsuperfly

Post Number: 419
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 6:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Take his word for it. CraigD is "special"

Go to the Non-detroit section of this site and see for yourself.

Oakmangirl

Post Number: 522
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 6:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DFly,

I got it now; that's what I meant by "weather channel". Wow!

Detroitrise

Post Number: 228
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 7:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I sorry, I don't get it Oakmangirl. Do you mean that Craigd is an unpredictable poster on DY? Because when I think of The Weather Channel, I think unpredictable.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.