Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Japanese punk rock video filmed in Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 948
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 10:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Japanese punk rockers Peelander Z sing a song about eating steak - and filmed the video in Detroit.
Can't say much for the music, but I can't argue with the locale. Mostly filmed in front of the Scott Memorial Fountain on Belle Isle and the "Enjoy Detroit" sign on Jefferson. Oh yeah, and the cow head, of course.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =4jEutxuMtA8

Kslice
Username: Kslice

Post Number: 178
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 10:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

And these are the people we're letting beat our auto industry? Never understood how anyone could like anything that came from Japan...

Pokemon? :P

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1347
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 10:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That was fah-qin awful

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1181
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I feel like I lowered my IQ watching that

Karl_jr
Username: Karl_jr

Post Number: 128
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 10:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what a waste

Thecarl
Username: Thecarl

Post Number: 1076
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 10:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

c'mon, guys! the spirit of youth. it was humorous, creative, and energetic; nearly passionate. the band was having some fun, and you should too.

Soulhawk
Username: Soulhawk

Post Number: 320
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 11:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That schitt was high-larious. Lossen up yall!

Kid_dynamite
Username: Kid_dynamite

Post Number: 311
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A real catchy tune. I'll be humming that melody for days

Greatlakes
Username: Greatlakes

Post Number: 30
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 2:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Never understood how anyone could like anything that came from Japan...

How can you not like this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=84_ QL1kEmH4

Sstashmoo
Username: Sstashmoo

Post Number: 494
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 3:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is that the same dudes that were at the Packard plant?

Downtown_remix
Username: Downtown_remix

Post Number: 510
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 3:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanx greatlakes,I laughed out loud in the middle of french class.

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 903
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 6:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The best thing to come out of Japan...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =fvIybNaWKjg

Paulc
Username: Paulc

Post Number: 155
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Paging GuitarWolf! Lock and Loll!

Steelworker
Username: Steelworker

Post Number: 1004
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 12:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think accidentally ive seen this band perform at magic stik a few years ago as an opener for someone. They had great spirit and got a jaded detroit audience interested.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 6660
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 12:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Folks,

Those Japanese punk rock band choose Detroit because of our music history. So give them a chance. Maybe one day they would bring some more Japanese investors and media to Detroit and start to revitalize our city skyline into a likeness of Tokyo.

Dannyv
Username: Dannyv

Post Number: 25
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Man, that was brilliant. So much fun and energy. Eat steak, medium rare!!

Spacemonkey
Username: Spacemonkey

Post Number: 227
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That sucked.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 3038
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 12:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Peelander Z is hilarious. To each their own.

Steelworker
Username: Steelworker

Post Number: 1005
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw there other videos on youtube, and I can now confirm it is the band i saw at magic stik. They are fun very fun to see live. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =KgFAV7p5AM8
They are no different that some of the craptastic bands ive seen from detroit like demolition dollrods.

(Message edited by steelworker on October 12, 2007)

Billk
Username: Billk

Post Number: 127
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 1:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you want to see a good Japanese band, Shonen Knife is coming to the Magic Stick Nov. 29.

http://www.shonenknife.net/

Michmeister
Username: Michmeister

Post Number: 256
Posted on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 2:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This, and Pokemon, Digimon, Power Rangers, and everything else of that ilk is their revenge for the A-bombs. We struck first, but they are striking the hardest :-) .

Toybreaker
Username: Toybreaker

Post Number: 58
Posted on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 3:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You guys need to relax and watch some Japanese gameshows!

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11705
Posted on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 8:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

This, and Pokemon, Digimon, Power Rangers, and everything else of that ilk is their revenge for the A-bombs. We struck first, but they are striking the hardest

Hahahaha...I couldn't help but think, Punk Rock? More like Power Rangers on crack!

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 2843
Posted on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 9:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

If you want to see a good Japanese band, Shonen Knife is coming to the Magic Stick Nov. 29

Wow, they are still around? I have some of their recordings from the 1980s.

Romanized
Username: Romanized

Post Number: 249
Posted on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 12:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like it. Mmmm. I really liked it.

Jazzstage
Username: Jazzstage

Post Number: 137
Posted on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 1:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'They are no different that some of the craptastic bands ive seen from detroit like demolition dollrods.'

I used to own the house behind the Dollrods home in Ferndale. Let me say you have never enjoyed watching someone plant flowers and pull weeds as much as when she is wearing a bikini. Once Margaret was roller blading through the streets wearing not much more than a pair of fairy wings. She was being followed by some guy taking pictures of her. Those were the days.

Tomoh
Username: Tomoh

Post Number: 311
Posted on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw Shonen Knife at the Magic Stick a few years ago. Good show and surprising how many people were singing along.

Kslice

Post Number: 180
Posted on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 6:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Those Japanese game shows aren't as good without the commentary Spike TV puts in.

Watching that first one again I've concluded these guys are the Beastie boys of Japan. even though I like the beastie boys.

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 906
Posted on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 7:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Those Japanese game shows aren't as good without the commentary Spike TV puts in."

The comedian who does the female voices is from the Detroit area. I'm assuming that the people who do the voices also write the dialogue because there are many references to Detroit and Michigan.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0770462/

(Message edited by rjk on October 13, 2007)

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 3499
Posted on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 8:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There's a lot of MXC videos on youtube.

MXC - TOP 25 most painful eliminations

Listen closely to the commentary. :-)

Kslice

Post Number: 181
Posted on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 9:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"and here's Fred Kozinski, the E-mail bomber.
Oh, fred, you've got jail."

love it.

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 1992
Posted on Monday, October 15, 2007 - 2:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They look like angry power rangers.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.