Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Fire? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Tkierpiec
Username: Tkierpiec

Post Number: 60
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 7:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm looking out my window just south of New Center and see a huge plume of smoke coming from what appears to be the downtown area. Anybody know what this is? it seems to be blowing east pretty quickly but boy, for a few minutes there it was pretty big and dark!

Gargoyle
Username: Gargoyle

Post Number: 89
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 7:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw the smoke west of Woodward along MLKing as I was leaving the DMC around 7pm. An ambulance was coming from that direction down Mack as I made my turn there. That's never a good sign.

Bobmazq
Username: Bobmazq

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I live at WSU, this is the second night in a row that there has been a fire in that area. Tonight my friends and I walked down to check it out. The fire was at MLK and 4th street area. I was an abandoned projects. Everyone was out... actually quite a friendly atmosphere even though it was a major fire.

Tony_box_42
Username: Tony_box_42

Post Number: 95
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fire was at M.L.K. and 3rd.50 x 200 apt.bldg.
Upgraded assignment.3rd.alarm equivalent.
Under control. Overhaul in progress.

Lansingfire
Username: Lansingfire

Post Number: 29
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 9:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

E 5, 10, 17, L 20, 7, S 2, C 5, 7 on first call
E 1 S 3 was to be RIT but went to work when the got there. Didn't hear who went on 2nd or 3rd. I know C 5 called for 2 E 1 L for relief.

Thecarl
Username: Thecarl

Post Number: 1056
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 9:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

E 5, i understand that, error at third base.

then, you go making crap up.

Ffdfd
Username: Ffdfd

Post Number: 213
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Some distant pics of the fire here.

http://tinyurl.com/ysdmzf

Lansingfire

Post Number: 30
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 10:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry S 4 was second call Squad. Not 3

Lansingfire

Post Number: 31
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 10:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice shots in all of the six pages.

Lansingfire

Post Number: 33
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 11:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well they went back, unknow if it was just a rekindle or what, C 5 reported several small fires going.

Tony_box_42
Username: Tony_box_42

Post Number: 96
Posted on Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 6:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For clarification. The fire was not an official
third alarm.That is why I used equivalent.
Sorry if I caused confusion.

Dfd
Username: Dfd

Post Number: 306
Posted on Monday, October 15, 2007 - 4:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice pics!
Everybody went home I guess.

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1199
Posted on Monday, October 15, 2007 - 4:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There have been a number of fires in my area- 7 between Dequnindre and 75

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 133
Posted on Monday, October 15, 2007 - 4:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had to chuckle at the irony in one of the pics. In the foreground you see a highrise with a big sign proclaiming "Premier Development Opportunity" while in the background you see billowing smoke and flame.

Abracadabra
Username: Abracadabra

Post Number: 123
Posted on Monday, October 15, 2007 - 4:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had to do some work at that complex. I'd be surprised if 25% was occupied. I did a lot of work in the City, and that was by far the scariest place I ever went. I hope the whole thing burnt to the ground, so long as no one was hurt.

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1242
Posted on Monday, October 22, 2007 - 5:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

....that's right pour of emergency resources into a pointless blaze.

Ffdfd
Username: Ffdfd

Post Number: 218
Posted on Tuesday, October 23, 2007 - 2:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^ Huh?

Lansingfire

Post Number: 41
Posted on Tuesday, October 23, 2007 - 5:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry Viz... there is no pointless blaze. There could have been Children in there playing, there could be homeless people in there sleeping or doing something (which is probably how it started)to say a fire is pointless is an insult to the men and women of DFD. I for one know they are the hardest working department in the world. They do the best with what they have. Even though the might have new Engines, if they don't have the people to staff those Engines, then that's pointless. And if you don't pour of emergency resources into the fire, it could spread or someone could get hurt. Please just be thankful that the DFD love thier job and come to work.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.