Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Suggestions for retreat location « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rotation_slim
Username: Rotation_slim

Post Number: 61
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 10:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am planning a marriage retreat for 20 couples in Feb or March. Am looking for a nice place.. not too expensive.. would love it if it were unique. Would be Friday through Saturday, so it would need to have rooms. Would like to have it in the city, but would consider suburbs.

Any suggestions

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 10174
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 11:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sounds like a great opportunity to take over the Inn on Ferry Street (if it has that much space)

Neilr
Username: Neilr

Post Number: 580
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 11:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You may want to consider Sacred Heart Seminary on the corner of Chicago Blvd. and Linwood. I believe that they still provide overnight accommodations.

I consider it to be one of Detroit's little-known architectural jewels. The buildings and grounds are kept in excellent condition. I have attended many meetings, and conferences at Sacred Heart Seminary over the years. The chapel, with its mostly red and blue stained glass windows, is simply beautiful. Both the chapel and hallways (and there are lots of hallways) are decorated with much Pewabic tile.

If you drive over to look at the facility, be aware that the main entrance is off the secure rear parking lot. The entrance to the lot is off Linwood.

Cheddar_bob
Username: Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1289
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 11:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I am planning a marriage retreat for 20 couples in Feb or March

Add: They must be "swinger-friendly"

Royaloakian
Username: Royaloakian

Post Number: 89
Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2007 - 8:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sacred Heart will not allow overnight guests. Here is a list of retreat centers you may consider. http://www.aodonline.org/AODOn line/Prayers+and+Reflection+12 179/Retreat+Centers+6123/Retre at+Houses+-+Retreat+Centers.ht m

Oakmangirl
Username: Oakmangirl

Post Number: 407
Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2007 - 2:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cheddarbob,

All that's required in your case is a bowl for the keys.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.