Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Tiger Stadium Volunteers Needed « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Bob
Username: Bob

Post Number: 1560
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 10:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One would assume this may mean there are things being saved from going on auction that would be in the DHM collection. Anyone have any idea what these items might be?

Southen
Username: Southen

Post Number: 290
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 10:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gimme some time in there with my camera beforehand and ill gladly help.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 415
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 10:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

urinals?

Oakmangirl
Username: Oakmangirl

Post Number: 397
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 10:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Haha, Paul. Marcel DuChamp meet Detroit.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 1330
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 10:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, Oakmangirl, Paul probably is quite serious. Those urinals are true timepieces. Women always seem to think we're kidding when we describe them. I would love to have one of them.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 1331
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually, we need to have one here on DY. Then we could have a pissing contest for real.

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 171
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 10:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i'll bring my dewalt to remove anything they want

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 385
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 11:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If my schedule fits, I'll do it... it sounds like fun, and I have quite a few good memories from the place. I'll call them this week.

Weldonm
Username: Weldonm

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 10:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oakmangirl,

Would you please delete this post? I have been swamped with calls. I didn't intend on anyone posting this on listserves, and it has been posted on several. I cannot handle the volume of calls and emails, and we cannot use any more volunteers. Thank you for your enthusiasm.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1712
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 10:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Detroit H. M. could simply be bidding on some of the objects. The objects there require whoever buys them to remove them themselves. The DHM might simply need help with some of the items that they have in mind.

Oakmangirl
Username: Oakmangirl

Post Number: 403
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 2:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Weldonm,

I truly apologize; I wasn't thinking you'd be deluged by calls and mail. I deleted the info.

Note on thread: Per request by DHS curator and due to oversight on my part, I have deleted contact info. There are more than enough volunteers at this point.

Jelk
Username: Jelk

Post Number: 4600
Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2007 - 12:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Would you please delete this post? I have been swamped with calls. I didn't intend on anyone posting this on listserves, and it has been posted on several. I cannot handle the volume of calls and emails, and we cannot use any more volunteers. Thank you for your enthusiasm.

It's 2007. The internet has been mainstream consumer technology for a dozen years. Am I too assume the Detroit Historical Museum is so far behind the times that they didn't understand that an e-mail/listserv message about something like access to Tiger Stadium would spread across the net like cancer?

Not. Very. Smart.

Zephyrprocess
Username: Zephyrprocess

Post Number: 467
Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2007 - 3:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jelk--have you seen the stuff they keep there?!? All that schitt is old. Nothing up-to-date about that crew at all!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.