Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » City of Detroit Income Tax Refund? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Nativegirl
Username: Nativegirl

Post Number: 87
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 9:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has anyone received their's for 2006 yet? I filed in February and the city claimed they received it in March per the employee that answered the income tax line. However, its mid -September and I have not received my measely $15 bucks that I can definitely use. Now, had I owed $15 bucks and the city had not received it I would be receiving all kinds of nasty little notices!

Gazhekwe
Username: Gazhekwe

Post Number: 527
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 10:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I didn't even file for my refund. They are taxing my measly sick pay rebate from when I worked in the City. I guess they can keep it, and hopefully not waste it on something stupid.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1709
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 10:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Never seen people so bitter for such a small sum of money. I guess it is just the principle of the situation.

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/5/112310.html

Detroitduo
Username: Detroitduo

Post Number: 857
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 10:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are you seriously kidding me? In the 6 years I have lived in the City, I have NEVER recieved a check from the city. Everything has been for less than $50.00, so I have chalked it up as a donation to the City. I have heard from many other people that they don't get their refund...

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 1393
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 11:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nothing heralds the snap of fall in the air like the arrival of your City of Detroit tax return. Always there by Labor Day. Thanks, Kwame! ;)

Dpd_blue
Username: Dpd_blue

Post Number: 194
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 4:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I checked the box on my tax return to give my refund to the Kwame Arrogant Ass Fund.

Jiminnm
Username: Jiminnm

Post Number: 1420
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is a long time circumstance. That's why I always made sure I was under withheld by the City - so I would owe them and not the other way around.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.