Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Another Police Whistleblower Lawsuit in the works « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 2130
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 11:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll /article?AID=/20070916/NEWS01/ 709160588/1003&theme=KILPATRIC K082007

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 411
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 12:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks like another financial beat down for the city.
Where have all the good times gone?

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 2478
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 12:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That'll teach those taxpayers to... um.. hmm.

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 851
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 12:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"In November 2005, he accepted a mediation panel's recommendation that he accept $100,000 to settle the case.

The city rejected that proposal."

I don't get it. Just $100,000 to just make this go away and they turned it down?

From Sam Riddle: "Otherwise, we can only assume that we are witnessing the institutionalization of arrogance."

I think that pretty much sums it up.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 1315
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 1:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know the old saying about "throwing good money after bad," but I think it might be time for a re-investigation of the original allegations, this time with the state AG completely in charge of said investigation. (Yes, I know that the AG looked into it the first time.) If Detroit is going to have to sit through all kinds of shit like this being dug up and thrown around, we might be better off if the whole pile is excavated, and thoroughly re-examined, en masse, with the AG overseeing it. The rumble between the Cops and the Mayors features too many personal agenda.
I think they need to take a better look at the death of the dancer. In a city which, sadly, features a great deal of gang violence, drug trade, and the resultant killings, it is too simple to write off her murder as Another Drive-By.
Correctly solve the Case of the Strafed Strawberry, and all the rest of this shit will fall into place, once and for all.

Bratt
Username: Bratt

Post Number: 648
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 1:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ravine...I totally agree with you.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 1317
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 1:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bratt: Glad you're on board here, and since you're right nearby, please accept my apology for causing you-- with adequate reason-- to feel attacked by an earlier post of mine. I stand behind what I said, but I'm not O.K. with causing you to feel assaulted.
Anyway... Yes, I think we need to pull up The Big Steam Shovel and dig out this entire stinking pile. I suspect that part of the reason why it looks like we may see a series of lesser suits is because-- *ahem*, please indulge my going for the play on words, here-- The Big Suit needs to be taken to the cleaner's, and this time, we don't want it back 'til the fuckin' stains are gone.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 413
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 8:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You want a white wash?
Well, maybe he should be taken to the cleaners.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 6527
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YAY!!!

More corruptions from KING KWAME'S T.H.U.G. Mafia. and more money to be drained out of the Detroiters' pockets.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 6528
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

RECALL KWAME NOW!!!!

Detroit313
Username: Detroit313

Post Number: 480
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a dummass!

<313>

Granmontrules
Username: Granmontrules

Post Number: 168
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 9:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The story sounds kind of weak to me. If he has such pain and suffering that he had to move away it seems a little TOOOO convenient that he is bringing this up now.

Cybersanford
Username: Cybersanford

Post Number: 30
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 10:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Go Kwamie Go Kwame Hooot Hooooot! Maybe they can take this but holes high skool foose ball jersey out of the Det historical museum and auction it off to help pay the law suits!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.