Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Not just the Lions...... meet the Detroit Diesels « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sg_creative
Username: Sg_creative

Post Number: 24
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 9:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Semi-Pro football team that is undefeated this season and going to the NAFL playoffs.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QN9 0Qa6IKdc

Chuckjav
Username: Chuckjav

Post Number: 35
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 9:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Big Steve.....we really enjoy the awesome Diesels website - nice to see that those dudes are in First Place.

Bring On the Playoffs....Bring 'em, I said!

Nainrouge
Username: Nainrouge

Post Number: 252
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 11:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't forget the Detroit Demolition!
http://www.detdemolition.com/

Hudkina
Username: Hudkina

Post Number: 58
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 11:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Didn't they used to be called the Detroit Downriver Diesel?

Sg_creative
Username: Sg_creative

Post Number: 25
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 9:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I believe so.

Awfavre
Username: Awfavre

Post Number: 148
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, & they had the coolest stinkin’ mascot: a diesel truck parked by the football field. :-) I still have my Downriver Diesels souvenir t-shirt.

I also remember when the Detroit Demolition used to be called the Detroit Danger – I have that souvie t-shirt, too. An old classmate of mine from the Central Michigan area helped start a women’s baseball team, also called the Detroit Danger, & the football team was forced to change its name.

Anyway, best of good luck to the Diesels!

Kslice
Username: Kslice

Post Number: 155
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Detroit Diesels play in Livonia? hmm...

Looks like a cool way to play football if your any good. Go get em Diesels!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.