Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Tiger Stadium for sale « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Yaktown
Username: Yaktown

Post Number: 226
Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 10:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not sure if this has been posted in any of the threads but here goes...

http://schneiderind.com/tigers tadiumsale/

Falstaff
Username: Falstaff

Post Number: 43
Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 10:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How about selling every last brick.

Come on guys - just think of how a brick from the old ball park will add to the man cave.

Great idea!

Bob
Username: Bob

Post Number: 1558
Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 10:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I ordered my pair of seats this morning.

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1598
Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 11:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what a disgrace this town is so corrupt with greed and making the easiest buck that it makes me sick. Some shit St. Louis firm thinking they're preserving history. What a joke makes me question why I support this city but then I remember it's the fools in charge bringing it down

6nois
Username: 6nois

Post Number: 501
Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 11:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I support the selling of TS items, it can help pay for the demolition. No matter what plan you look at for this building there will be some sort of demo done, and why not sell off seats and things that aren't going to be needed to help pay for it?

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1104
Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chitaku... what would you do different?

Shark
Username: Shark

Post Number: 282
Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 12:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I bought my seats.

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1105
Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 12:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They could have just torn it down and said fuck your memories :-D

I like the selling of articles a lot better.

Supergay
Username: Supergay

Post Number: 83
Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 12:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chitaku, they are selling the seats from the OLD, vacant Tigers stadium, not the new one!

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 849
Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 12:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wouldn't take those blue seats if they gave them to me.

Weren't they CY's idea, trying to make Tiger stadium look like Yankee stadium? I don't need to be reminded of either of the two.

Jrvass
Username: Jrvass

Post Number: 217
Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The old, green, wooden slat seats were cool. Blue plastic? Bah!

A bullpen pitching rubber would be a fun item. I could ask people if they wanted to see my used rubber from Tiger Stadium! :-)

Michigansheik
Username: Michigansheik

Post Number: 230
Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 1:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow a 28% buyers premium! I know these SL guys handled the Busch Stadium auction but come on now, this isn't rocket sceince. You'd think that someone from the D could have handled this and hopefully at a lower premium.

Shark
Username: Shark

Post Number: 283
Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 2:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Logo seats are sold out already.

Even if there was a Detroit firm that could have handled a sale like this, there would have been no reason for them to charge smaller premiums - the demand exists even at the current rate.

Adamjab19
Username: Adamjab19

Post Number: 808
Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 2:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The site is slow as hell with alot of what I would think is pointless stuff for sale....slightly disappointed.

Jrvass
Username: Jrvass

Post Number: 218
Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 4:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The looters got the good stuff. I saw a couple interesting items. Couple of signs.

I'll bet there is not an ounce of copper left in the rooftop transformers!

Bob
Username: Bob

Post Number: 1559
Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detnews is reporting that traffic was so heavy on the auction portion of the website that it crashed this morning.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 6189
Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yep, I gave up on it.

Although I have a source that has seats dating to Navin Field.

Burnsie
Username: Burnsie

Post Number: 1157
Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 9:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Falstaff-- I don't know what bricks you had in mind, but Tiger Stadium has very few, if any, red bricks. Under the aluminum siding, the walls are concrete.

Quozl
Username: Quozl

Post Number: 1434
Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 10:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

The old, green, wooden slat seats were cool.

Yea they were. My dad has 16 of the old seats in his barn over in Tecumseh. I spoke to him this afternoon and he is going to let me put a few up for sale on a REAL auction site (eBay) in the next few weeks if anyone is interested.

FREE delivery within SE Michigan, $30.00 shipping anywhere else.

Mdoyle
Username: Mdoyle

Post Number: 202
Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I want the ticket booth on the corner.. the whole thing, Ill take it brick by brick and rebuild it in my back yard. I really hope thats the one part of the stadium they can save, a neat little nook for some memorabilia to be sold at right on the corner.

Ordinary
Username: Ordinary

Post Number: 252
Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 11:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can see selling the old seats and stuff like that but shouldn't the world series pennants be put up at Comerica?

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 581
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 12:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i agree

Quozl
Username: Quozl

Post Number: 1435
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 12:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I can see selling the old seats and stuff like that but shouldn't the world series pennants be put up at Comerica?

Council Member Kwame Kenyatta told me that they are a horrible reminder of the oppressive white regime of domination over black people in Detroit that needs to be purged forever. He said if he had his way all of the items up for auction would have been burned, smelted and deposited in a landfill many years ago.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 5356
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 12:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whoa.... doesn't Mike Ilitch have the original Pennants? He's got the ones from the Red Wings. Are these just replicas? He usually gets his way (no surprise there!), so I would be surprised if he doesn't have the originals.

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 141
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 12:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

a pair of crappy plastic seats for 280.00
what a rip off!. It is good memorabilia though, but something i can do without.

Gdub
Username: Gdub

Post Number: 1142
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7 bids for the home dugout urinal. wtf?

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 161
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 10:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guess the council missed out on earning 15% from the sale of this crap, what happened?

Swingline
Username: Swingline

Post Number: 899
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Wow a 28% buyers premium! I know these SL guys handled the Busch Stadium auction but come on now, this isn't rocket sceince. You'd think that someone from the D could have handled this and hopefully at a lower premium.

The DEGC put out the contract for bids many months ago. Approximately 15 bidders made proposals. The Schneider firm won the bid.

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 852
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 10:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.detroitathletic.com /servlet/Categories?category=A uthentic+Stadium+Artifacts

You can purchase the green seats from the Detroit Athletic Co. site. At $2,400 I wonder how many of the double seaters they've sold.

Huggybear
Username: Huggybear

Post Number: 313
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 8:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How much for the trough urinals in the men's rooms? Anyone want to wager on what sports bar those will grace?

Ndavies
Username: Ndavies

Post Number: 2771
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 8:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The seats are selling well. I talked to someone from the DEGC last night. They had already sold 2300 pairs as of late yesterday. There are 10,000 pairs for sale. Sounds like the sale is a huge success so far.

Drankin21
Username: Drankin21

Post Number: 118
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 9:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Huggybear,

The trough urinal the players used during the game (just down the walkway towards the clubhouse) started at $300

My wife already said no...

Mallory
Username: Mallory

Post Number: 193
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 9:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is a house in Taylor that has a chunk of the turf from the '84 world series. I shoulda sold that house for three times the price. Funny thing is, the owner has no idea what's in her front yard.

Drankin21
Username: Drankin21

Post Number: 120
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 9:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The house I grew up in in Roseville has '84 turf planted around the flagpole in the front yard. Once again, the owner has no idea what's there.

Jelk
Username: Jelk

Post Number: 4598
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 12:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

a pair of crappy plastic seats for 280.00
what a rip off!. It is good memorabilia though, but something i can do without.

Moderator please move the above quoted post to the contradictions thread.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.