Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » How can this woman still be employed by the city?? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Citylover
Username: Citylover

Post Number: 2630
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 11:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.metrotimes.com/edit orial/story.asp?id=6882

http://www.detnews.com/2005/me tro/0502/18/D01-
93887.htm

http://www.metrotimes.com/edit orial/story.asp?id=6588

93887.htm

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 1917
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, like the Metro Times article states, at least now everybody knows who the f*** she is.

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 2103
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree that she's not a good person, but why are you surprised she's still employed? Her boss seems to like her and defend her. For what reasons exactly would you expect him to fire her?

Michigan
Username: Michigan

Post Number: 1148
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 11:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Because the citizens of Detroit think this behaviour is acceptable. Plain and simple.

Rocket_city
Username: Rocket_city

Post Number: 389
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 11:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If the b**** was speeding down my street, there would have been trouble. Lower standards "just cuz it's Detroit" is not acceptable.

Michigan

Post Number: 1149
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 12:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is obviously acceptable to the voters in Detroit.

Catman_dude
Username: Catman_dude

Post Number: 213
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 12:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The ho has got to go!

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 1282
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 12:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I must say, she is quite an asset to the Kwame administration. He sure spends a lot of time and (city taxpayers) money covering up for her. She must have put it on him real good.

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 1608
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 12:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kwame is like that questionable personal relationship where you need to keep asking yourself: "Should I stay or should I go? I know I'll make a list of his good traits and list of his bad traits and see which list is bigger."

Michigan

Post Number: 1150
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 12:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good traits? ROFLMAO

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 10144
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

It is obviously acceptable to the voters in Detroit.

So you support every employee in every district that you vote in?

These comments are such tired bullshit.

Michigan

Post Number: 1151
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 12:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOLOLOLOLOL JT1!

Thank you!! Yes, Christine Beatty, Cheif of Staff is "every employee"!!!! God you are getting better every post.

Thank you, I needed that.

Michigan

Post Number: 1152
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 12:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!! Thank you JT1!

I needed that...

Oh man my sides hurt from laughing so hard....

Like Christine Beatty, Chief of Staff, is "every employee" in Detroit. Like Paul Vitti says, " You are good".

Jt1

Post Number: 10145
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 1:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My point was that whenever there is a fool like Beatty people like yourself will always follow with "You guys deserve her since you voted for Kwame"

I want her fired and many Detroiters do as well but you continue to show your ignorance.

DO you support all employees of your Mayor, Governor, State reps in your district, Congressmen/women, President.

If not you deserve them since 'you guys' voted for them or their boss.

Should be easy enough logic to follow.

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1595
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what a fuckin corrupt city

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 1378
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 1:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One way to judge a leader is to take in the measure of the people he surrounds himself with.

Jt1

Post Number: 10146
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

One way to judge a leader is to take in the measure of the people he surrounds himself with.

That is very true. Kwame does need to cut his old CT friends loose.

Michigan

Post Number: 1153
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 1:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice self-contradiction JT1. She is not a crossing guard. She is Kwame's Chief of Staff. She has her hand in every decision the city makes. He chose her personally as the person whose judgement he relies on most.

My point is whenever there is a fool like Beatty people like yourself defend Kwame. You don't want her fired enough, and neither do the other citizens of Detroit, or else she would be gone. Stop lying to yourself.

Finally, YOU DO DESERVE HER BECAUSE YOUR CITY ELECTED KWAME. What did the voters of Detroit expect when they re-elected him. There is an old saying, "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice I must vote in Detroit".

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 4941
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 1:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Michigan that makes about as much sense as a submarine with power windows...

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 1617
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 1:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

>Michigan

Such a great choice of name. The real Michigan doesn't like Detroit either.

Michigan

Post Number: 1154
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 2:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay, then please enlighten me as to what the voters of Detroit did expect when they re-elected the mayor? Richard Daly? Michael Bloomberg? Rudy Giuliani? Andrew Young? Harold Washington? Please, enlighten me to the good points of the mayor that I am blind to. If I'm wrong I'll admit it.

A small poll, who voted for Kwame?

Jt1

Post Number: 10148
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 2:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Michigan - There is no contradiction. I think Beatty needs to go but the nonsense o f 'you guys get wat you deserve since you wanted him' crap is non-sense.

Do you support all the decisions of those that represent you. You are still missing the point.

quote:

My point is whenever there is a fool like Beatty people like yourself defend Kwame. You don't want her fired enough, and neither do the other citizens of Detroit, or else she would be gone. Stop lying to yourself.

Nice assumptions. You just described the issue that I have with people like you. Where did I defend Kwame?

A question for you: Do you agree with all appointees of everyone that represents you? If not, well you deserve that person by your logic.

quote:

Finally, YOU DO DESERVE HER BECAUSE YOUR CITY ELECTED KWAME. What did the voters of Detroit expect when they re-elected him. There is an old saying, "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice I must vote in Detroit".

How do I, or all citizens of Detroit, 'Deserve' her or Kwame as you state? I did not vote for Kwame but you sure do like making ignorant blanket statements about everyone in the city because KK carried a majority.

I guess everyone in the US deserves Bush and their congressional reps since they must have voted for them.

(Message edited by jt1 on September 13, 2007)

Homer
Username: Homer

Post Number: 229
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Personaly I know of no citizen in Southwest Detroit that voted the Kwame/Bia*ch team back in office. He sure lets us know it by ignoring the area.

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 1609
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 2:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Super Bowl, All Star Game, fostering development along Merchant's row and Mid Town, Book Cadillac, making those areas appeal to young single affluent types. I agree he needs to man up to his job better, and I personally would have liked to have seen Archer stay on, but come on he's not all that bad. Gulianni fooled around on his wife too.

Detroitnerd

Post Number: 1381
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 2:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Michigan: Yeah, I remember my first beer. Drink responsibly, OK?

Michigan

Post Number: 1155
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 2:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JT- I guess you missed that I was playing with your own sentences. I just twisted your silly blanket statement (the one where you say "people like yourself will always follow with...") against you. Re-read your post, then mine, I think you'll see what I did. Sorry if it went over your head. Just trying to use parody to illustrate an idea, sorry if no one hear can see hyperbole for what it is.

But listen folks, Kwame was a known quantity, and so was his administration. The fact that he was re-elected says a lot about the electorate in Detroit. Beatty is not just any employee, so let's stop pretending she is. She is his God Damned Chief of Staff. When the Chief of Staff has a complete disregard for the law, what does that say for the entire administration. Hmmm, sounds like a penny ante version of Scooter Libby and the Bush/Cheney boys.

Jt1

Post Number: 10149
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 3:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Hmmm, sounds like a penny ante version of Scooter Libby and the Bush/Cheney boys.

Well you elected him so you deserve what you get.

You got me - I generalized. Woo hoo, good get. You still miss the point being made.

(Message edited by jt1 on September 13, 2007)

Michigan

Post Number: 1156
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 3:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, I don't. We do deserve the Bush/Cheney asses because we let them get re-elected. It is sickening. The same goes for Kwame.

Are there term limits on Detroit Mayor?

Detroitnerd

Post Number: 1383
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 3:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Um, I believe the process of letting somebody with the most votes win an election is called, er, democracy, isn't it? What would you have us do, Michigan? Storm city hall?

Some people ... jeezis ...

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 5327
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Michigan, yes there are term limits... death or incapacitation...

Harpernottingham
Username: Harpernottingham

Post Number: 261
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I miss Ric Bohy.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 2389
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 3:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^ LOL

Rocket_city

Post Number: 391
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To answer the question about what Detroiters wanted when they reelected Kwame...

Well, as a Detroiter who didn't vote for KK, I'd imagine the voters who did want the exact same things that I want in a place to live. Which is why I support(ed) Kwame as mayor, but not so much as the alter-ego he has become.

A lady called in to the "Detroit Today" discussion on wdet yesterday (Wed. 9.12) to express her support for Kwame and her disagreement with the jurry. Her reasoning was that, in addition to believing Kwame, she just wanted people to leave him alone.

Me, on the other hand want my public officials held accountable for their actions, decisions and accusations, because afterall, they work for me and not themselves. To have a Channel 7 microphone put up to your face as a gesture to answer simple questions, and the response to be a temper tantrum where (Kwame) whips the microphone across the room is not fulfilling my demand that he provide answers to public questions that he is held accountable for. Therefore, if I could, as his employer, I would fire him. Instead, Christine Beatty is ravaging her deadly rocket mobile through the streets of Detroit, just asking to run somebody down. All because...she can...

Michigan

Post Number: 1160
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 3:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So, Rocket, it appears that what you want is a responsive, responsible mayor. However, it could be deduced, taking that one caller as a sample, that people who voted for the mayor don't care about those things.

Rocket_city

Post Number: 394
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wouldn't say that. Perhaps her priorities are similar to mine but are value-ranked differently.

Sure it would be nice if some of the petty nagging regarding the mayor went away...particularly from the media... But I value that as least of the concerns that I have.

Jt1

Post Number: 10150
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 4:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is the margin of error on a caller sample when it realtes to a population the size of Detroit?

Detroitnerd

Post Number: 1384
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 4:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually, that's INduction, not deduction.

Michigan

Post Number: 1161
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Dnerd, Induction is in fact much more accurate.

The margin of error is +/-100%.

Detroitnerd

Post Number: 1385
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 4:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any reasoning is only as solid as the information going in and the person doing the thinking.

Looking at a specific instance of something and making large assumptions about groups based on that instance is usually not called induction, though...

Michigan

Post Number: 1162
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 4:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, with a stated margin of error of +/- 100%, the reasoning, as well as the reasoner, are not to be taken too seriously....

Detroitnerd

Post Number: 1386
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 4:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Right, well here's how it goes wrong, Michigan.

A caller to a Detroit radio show supported Kwame Kilpatrick.

The caller's reasons for supporting Kilpatrick were ridiculous.

Therefore, all Detroiters who supported Kwame Kilpatrick did so for ridiculous reasons.

Where was that margin of error again?

Michigan

Post Number: 1163
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You really are a nerd, and like JT can not see sarcasm when it hits you in the face. I said there was a margin of error of +/-100%. I thought that would have been enough to trigger the "common sense" response in other posters brains.

You know the response that says, "wait a minute, +/- 100%, thats ridiculous. Hey, he must be goofing on us. That crazy knucklehead Michigan, he's at it again." That response. Usually it is repressed in folks who are taking themselves or their discussions on internet forums too seriously (as I am often known to do).

I'll stand in front of Ms. Beatty's car for 2 hours, +/- 100%.

Jt1

Post Number: 10152
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My sarcasm meter has been broken today.

Detroitnerd

Post Number: 1387
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 4:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, I just thought you really could be ... that .. stupid ...

PS: I still kinda think you might be. ;)

Michigan

Post Number: 1165
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't sweat it JT, I've seen you stick to plenty of folks many times. I always got a good laugh. I'm sure you'll be back at it.:-)

Quozl
Username: Quozl

Post Number: 1401
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Michigan, have you observed the cleansing campaign going down today?

Michigan

Post Number: 1166
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

believe me nerd, sometimes I am!

Michigan

Post Number: 1167
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, yeah, I've been purged a few times myself

Citylover
Username: Citylover

Post Number: 2631
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My initial question was of a curious nature. I was not scolding Detroit for keeping her on the payroll. I do think it is rather interesting that Beatty with an obvious disdain for the rules is allowed(by the Mayor) to continue in her job.What does the Mayor get out of this if we are to believe there is no romantic tryst? She only makes him look bad.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 73
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 5:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Miss Beatty is still the Mayor's Chief of Staff because he would be absolutely INSANE to fire her.

Can you imagine Christine Beatty mad at the Mayor?

Oh, the stories would pour forth in a torrent of estrogen fueled bile so thick, so vile, so steeped in the fetid under-life of the Mayor that people's hair would catch on fire all over the city.

Heck, if I was the Mayor, I'd give her a raise. I'd keep that lady happy, very happy.

She knows secrets, she takes the heat, and she is the evil face behind Kwame's smile. I don't understand why smart folks like DYers would even consider that she would - or should - be fired.

Detroiters didn't vote for - or against - kwame because of that shrew, they voted Kwame because he promised to turn over a new leaf, took out the earring, and because he had less white blood than Freeman did.

She is tied to Kwame, for life.

Michigan

Post Number: 1169
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 5:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroiters didn't vote for - or against - kwame because of that shrew, they voted Kwame because ........... had less white blood than Freeman did.

I think you hit on something there Gnome.

Ffdfd
Username: Ffdfd

Post Number: 185
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

With all the talk of conspiracy theories on DY lately, I would have guessed someone on this thread would bring up the power outage during the 2005 election. Did Kilpatrick really win? Only the lizard people know for sure.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 74
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Doesn't anyone remember the "rush to Blackness" toward the end of the campaign?

It happens in every election. Every one.

That is one of the themes of the "look like us" chorus led by those kooks Watson and Talibani. It is a twisted verson of the "one drop" rule - and it has been used to murderous effect in Haiti.

When I was there the supporters of the more black Aristede put tires around the necks of their slightly whiter brothers, poured gasoline inside the tire, and lit the tires on fire. It was called "necklacing".

We are headed in the same direction with all this stupid racist crap. Me mo' black, stay away from my town, just send money. And the cracker fucks that tremble at the sight of some darky at the QuikieMart.

I tell eveyone, you only need it see one person lit on fire,hands tied, legs kicking, inky black smoke choking them and the crowd that's cheering. See that, smell that, then tell me what it means to be racist. Tell me how proud you are with your white superiority and your black arrogance.

Shutup with your crap.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.